turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

2nd Stimulus

You can refer to the source below for more explanation and help with updating your direct deposit information. 

Click here fir help with your direct deposit information

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2nd Stimulus

I used the non file form  For my 1st stimulus  went into my bank account  With no problems still haven't received the 2 nd stimulus I been checking  on my payment  The only payment showing up that they have record of is the payments I receive from my daughter cause she's under 17 can't figure what is going on with my 2 nd payment  

2nd Stimulus

[phone number removed] The number for a human at US card services

2nd Stimulus

Ugh freaking turbo tax liars all are going to Us card services I put the number and they remove it [phone number removed]

2nd Stimulus

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this! I received my 2nd stimulus check with no issues at all. I’ve been using Turbo for years, never had an issue that wasn’t resolved in a very timely manner! Maybe try to personally communicate with a representative instead of posting on the community forum?! Best of luck 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

2nd Stimulus

The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible. Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.  If your second stimulus payment was delivered to a card that you no longer have, you may be able to get a replacement card.  See this TurboTax Help.

If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return to get your money.

In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.

You can access your stimulus check choices by following these steps:

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up.  Click on Let’s keep going.
  • At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  • At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries.

TurboTax will compare your two payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that has been entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.

See also this TurboTax Help.

2nd Stimulus

I am certain several of us whom have still not received our payments have tried contacting turbo tax before posting on this. This was my last resort. The irs blames turbo.. turbo blames the irs. It’s a joke really. It is January 27th and the irs site still says they do not have enough info or I do not qualify. The same thing it has said this entire time. I do not care whose to blame, I just want the money that is owed to me. 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

2nd Stimulus

The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible. Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.  If your second stimulus payment was delivered to a card that you no longer have, you may be able to get a replacement card.  See this TurboTax Help.

If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return to get your money.

In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.

You can access your stimulus check choices by following these steps: 

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up.  Click on Let’s keep going.
  • At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  • At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries.

TurboTax will compare your two payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that has been entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.

See also this TurboTax Help.

Jfeil22

2nd Stimulus

I still have not received my second stimulus check either... I received the first no problem.  The IRS website says it was deposited into my bank account on January 4th and I still have not seen it. I never received an email or a letter from the IRS...  This is so disheartening and I am upset that I even used Turbo Tax to file my 2020 taxes this year.  I keep checking the IRS website, no change.  I check my checking account, nothing. I check my turbo tax cards, nothing.  How is it that I received my first stimulus check no problem to my checking account and this time around there is this problem.  I am afraid my stimulus check was given to someone else or put in the wrong bank account. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

2nd Stimulus

There were issues with the Stimulus checks for some people, however, IRS is in the process of resolving those issues.  TurboTax does not issue Stimulus checks.  We are a tax preparation platform.  The US government is the only entity that can do that.  You WILL receive your payment in a matter of time.  Any further information about your second Stimulus must come from the IRS.

There are options, so all is not lost.  Here is an option that will resolve your immediate issue, in my opinion.

Eligible individuals who did not receive the full amounts of both Economic Impact Payments may claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on their 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR. To determine whether you are an eligible individual or the amount of your Recovery Rebate Credit, complete the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet in the Instructions for Form 1040 and Form 1040-SR.

Generally, you are eligible to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit if you were a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien in 2020, cannot be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer for tax year 2020, and have a Social Security number valid for employment that is issued before the due date of your 2020 tax return (including extensions).

You must file Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit even if you are normally not required to file a tax return. Anyone with income of $72,000 or less can file their federal tax return electronically for free through the IRS Free File Program. Free File is a public-private partnership between the IRS and many filing and tax preparation software providers who provide their brand-name products for free. The safest and fastest way to get a tax refund is to combine electronic filing with Direct Deposit.

2nd Stimulus

Thanks alot COVID.  you just messed up a whole bunch of stuff. I just tried to file my taxes (YES , I DO KNOW THE IRS IS NOT ACCEPTING ANY TAX REFUNDS UNTILL FEBRUARY 12, 2021). The earlier the better. But this 2020 has been a mess of madness. .. so when I tried to file.. it's game OVER;!! MY TAXES LOOKS LIKE CRAP. UNDER three hundred in federal.. and I owe under seventy dollars in state.  Thanks too covid pay a s the 2 stimulus checks.. OUR TAXES ARE NOT THE SAME . THINKING IF I WANT TO FILE OR NO. 

2nd Stimulus

UPDATE: our 2nd "EIP/stimulus" finally arrived via a VISA debt card a few days ago after "Volvo Girl" tipped me off to the Nor. Cal mailing situation. After a failed "call to activate card" attempt ("unblock" your Caller ID before you call...even tho. you are calling a "1-800" number) I was able to go to our credit union and have a teller run the card and credit our checking account. Still scratching my head over "no direct deposit" with no banking account changes or "pay with refund" or "refund loan" items in our situation?!?  Thanks again for the "tip" on the USPS situation "Volvo Girl"...still a shame that 1st Class Mail took over 2 weeks to arrive tho.. 

2nd Stimulus

I’m tired of barely getting by and still no second stimulus check!!!!! I won’t be using turbo tax again and will tell all my friends!!!

2nd Stimulus

I’m so sorry that you are going through this! I, as well of many others, can relate to your hardship personally!

However, please understand that this situation is not the fault of Turbo Tax, rather the IRS has created this situation due to their “mistakes”.  Also, this situation is not solely with Turbo Tax, there are multiple tax prep companies that are dealing with the same situation! Please read below the information from The Motley Fool, I hope this helps you to better understand. 
“TurboTax began distributing the stimulus payments mistakenly sent their way. If you are a TurboTax customer, check your bank account. You may find that your stimulus money has already been deposited. If not, TurboTax plans to make deposits into the bank account listed on your 2019 taxes. If you've changed banks since receiving your last stimulus check, your old bank is legally required to return the funds to the IRS. If that's the case, you'll need to wait until you file your 2020 tax return to provide the IRS with your new account information. If you're eligible for a $600 stimulus check, you can file a Recovery Rebate Credit claim at that time (line 30 of Form 1040 or 1040-SR).

Taxpayers who filed using TurboTax in 2019 were not the only ones impacted by the payment glitch. Customers of H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, and other tax preparation services experienced the same delay in payment, and for the same reason. Tax preparation companies across the country were quickly apprised of the situation and are working with the IRS to get money to the rightful recipients.”

2nd Stimulus

I agree 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies