The American Rescue Plan provides relief for millions of Americans through numerous measures, including a third round of stimulus checks.
This means if you qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.
- Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
- Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
- One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.
Your stimulus payment will likely be sent to the same Turbo® Visa® Debit Card account you received your refund on.
Do I need to apply to get a stimulus check?
You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020).
When will I get my stimulus check?
The IRS has begun distributing stimulus payments and we expect people could receive their stimulus payments as early as next week (March 17th).
For information on when you can expect your stimulus payment, check the IRS Get My Payment tool which will be updated starting the week of March 15th.
Still have your Turbo Card?
Use it anywhere Visa debit is accepted in the U.S. You can also withdraw your stimulus money at more than 19,000 fee-free ATMs across all 50 states.
Text BAL XXXX (XXXX are the last 4 digits of your card number) to 43411 to get your available balance.
Don't have your Turbo Card anymore?
If your address hasn't changed in the last year, you can get a replacement card through Green Dot's automated phone system by calling (888) 285-4169.
If your address has changed, you will need to talk to a live agent to get a replacement card sent to your current address by calling (888) 285-4169.
Please be aware that call volume can be high at this time. To help you reach a Green Dot Representative, follow these steps:
- Dial 888-285-4169 and when asked for SSN or Card number, DO NOT input anything. Wait to be prompted about the Turbo Visa Debit Card.
- Choose option 1.
- Then choose option 2, enter your SSN, zip code, and date of birth when prompted.
- You'll hear messaging stating they are connecting you to a representative.