Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sabtn2867
Returning Member

2nd Stimulus

i would like to know why me or my husband have still not got our 2019 taxes?  we never received the first or second stimulus checks  turbotax says they take there money out of your refund right???? wrong!!! i never got my taxes, the irs says nothing is wrong with my taxes irs says we qualify for both stimulus payments but never still a year later never gotten anything at all, but TURBOTAX TOOK MONEY 2 TIMES OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR PAYMENT THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO COME FROM MY REFUND WHEN I GOT IT, I GAVE THE IRS PERMISSION TO DEPOSIT MY REFUND I NEVER CONSENTED THAT TURBOTAX COULD TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT? ????? WHAT ARE YOU UP TO TURBO TAX??? YOU ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMMERS OF ALL AND I WANT MY MONEY,  

2nd Stimulus

I still have not received my 2nd check , the first was no problem. The DD is correct. I will be contacting  my congressman's office and requesting and investigation into both Turbo Tax and also the IRS. I also have an appointment with a lawyer on Monday about looking into a class action law suit against Turbo tax. 

Nas0322

2nd Stimulus

If you don't recieve by the time you file taxes you can claim that u didn't recieve it on ur w2s, they will give it to you with your refund granted when they investigate the claim you didn't recieve it physically I.E. bank account, pay card etc. Go to the IRS website and it will tell you exactly how much has been sent out & where it went. I think u can still claim it if they sent out a check u didn't recieve. 

2nd Stimulus

I’m on the same page as you !!!! My tax return is less than the 2nd Stim ! (Which I STILL haven’t got)

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

2nd Stimulus

In your program, be sure that you have seen the screen to tell TurboTax what you have received so far for each of the stimulus payments. 

This is done before the Federal Review and after Other Tax Situations.

In case you did not see the Stimulus payment section to make adjustments, this may need to be updated. You need to be at the end of Other Tax Situations, to make any adjustments. To get there in TurboTax, follow these steps:

• In your return, click the Other Tax Situations tab toward the top of the page
  • Scroll down to the end and click Let's keep going
  • At Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue
  • Be sure to report an amount for each of the stimulus payments as received and click Continue

To check other IRS Resources, see: Questions and Answers about the Second Economic Impact Payment which is still getting updates. 

To check your payment status with the IRS, go to: Get My Payment Link

redrooster34
Returning Member

2nd Stimulus

I haven't gotten any email or paper mail about my second stimulus check yet, and the get my payment tool, it says status unavailable,. But I got the first one no problem. The stimulus calculator says that I am eligible for 600$. Smfh I can't understand why I haven't gotten it or anything as far as it goes

2nd Stimulus

The IRS will continue to make stimulus payments until February 5.  Continue to check the IRS Get My Payment website to see if a bank deposit is made or if a check or debit card is issued.  After February 12, if these is still no payment made then follow these steps to add the payment to your 2020 tax refund.

At the top of your tax return select Federal Review

Insert fed review pic

That will take you to this screen where it asks if you have already received your stimulus payments.  If you received the first or second payment already, then select Yes and fill in the information.  If you did not receive any payment select No.  If you received the first payment only, fill in that amount and put zero (0) for the second payment.

When the screen is correct, you refund will be adjusted for the amount of stimulus payment that will be added to your 2020 refund.

@ redrooster34

2nd Stimulus

Please remember that the individuals who receive your complaint will not be the people responsible for your complaint. It's more than understandable for you to be upset by what happened, but civility is crucial at times like these. TurboTax told you themselves in the e-mail that you received: they can't give you money they do not have. If there is an issue on the side of the IRS, that is an issue that must be resolved by the IRS. Yelling at TurboTax customer service will not give you benefits or results. It's like going to a store and yelling at a cashier because they can't accept your coupons. There's nothing that can be done about it that yelling will accomplish. All you are going to do is make somebody who isn't at fault feel bad when they are just trying to help you. Worse still, you might make them not want to help you at all, which will mean you may not get a resolution, let alone a satisfactory resolution. Please remember the person on the other side of the screen. If you wouldn't act that way in real life, you should not act that way online. If you would act that way in real life, then that raises different concerns.

I hope that since you posted this you have received your Stimulus Payment as it was supposed to arrive by the end of January, but if the Stimulus Payment had not arrived, there is a field on the tax return for this year where you can report not having received it. This way, you can get your missing stimulus payment with your tax return. I understand it's inconvenient, but it's better that it is inconvenient than it is impossible.

[EDIT: Formatting]

Lbaker_07

2nd Stimulus

In reality it has a lot to do with the IRS because the 2nd time they sent the payments to other sources that people had used like the bank cards, different accounts etc. So the IRS has a lot to do with it for sure but at least they did fix most people.

GPaladin

2nd Stimulus

Makes a difference in the refund from Feds.  

2nd Stimulus

You may not want to hear that it was the IRS, but it was.  It wasn't "TurboTax" that "created" the second account - you essentially did that when you agreed to pay for your return out of your refund instead of paying for it outright.  It's all in the fine print that no one ever reads.  

Even still, the IRS gets the information on BOTH accounts when you file - your and the "intermediary" one, and particularly after the first round of payments where there was a similar issue they were well aware of this issue and that they had the data they needed to make the payments right, but in their rush to get them out, they didn't do it right. 

TurboTax and H&R Block and the like had absolutely no obligation to step in and help, at their own expense, but they did anyway.  You shouldn't be disgusted.  You should be grateful.  This is what is wrong with America - 1- our citizens are so incredibly poorly educated about even the most BASIC things like taxes and banking and 2 - everyone thinks they are entitled to something. 

I have tried to be more understanding with this particular issue because I know that people are out there suffering but get a grip, people, TurboTax didn't do this to you.  Your own government AND YOU did this to yourself.  

2nd Stimulus

Oh, and if you didn't get the e-mail from TurboTax, it probably means there is a different issue holding up your payment such as a problem with your 2019 tax return.  Not everyone with a delay was part of this particular issue.  Millions of people had other issues that had nothing to do with their software.

hubber
Returning Member

2nd Stimulus

Turbo Tax has nothing to do with the delay of money from the IRS to your bank account. It's the Treasury Department...contact your representative/senator and complain. Just saying, you're wasting your abundant free time complaining to deaf ears? This is not the forum to spread misinformation.

hubber
Returning Member

2nd Stimulus

Turbo Tax has nothing to do with the delay of money from the IRS to your bank account. It's the Treasury Department...contact your representative/senator and complain. Just saying, you're wasting your abundant free time complaining to deaf ears? This is not the forum to get people mad at the WRONG entity by spreading misinformation. Honestly, I don't know why Turbo Tax allows such blatant inaccurate suggestions post.

hubber
Returning Member

2nd Stimulus

Turbo Tax has nothing to do with the delay of money from the IRS to your bank account. It's the Treasury Department...contact your representative/senator and complain. Just saying, you're wasting your abundant free time complaining to deaf ears? This is not the forum to get people mad at the WRONG entity by spreading misinformation. Honestly, I don't know why Turbo Tax allows such blatant inaccurate suggestions post.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies