turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Finding my 5 digit code

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Arunkumar

Finding my 5 digit code

Your 5 digit signature ID on the Consent to Disclosure screen (also called a Self-Select PIN) is how you sign your federal return if you're e-filing. It's the electronic equivalent of manually signing a paper return.

Here's additional information:

No. Your 5 digit signature ID on the Consent to Disclosure screen (also called a Self-Select PIN) is how you sign your federal return if you're e-filing. It's the electronic equivalent of manually signing a paper return.

If the field is blank, just enter any 5-digit number. Same goes for your spouse if you're filing jointly.

And if you see a prefilled 5-digit number in this field, you can either leave it alone or re-enter a number you like better. It really doesn't matter.

DaneB94

Finding my 5 digit code

Can you tell me my 5 digit signature pin please

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Finding my 5 digit code

No, we don't have your self-select pin but we can guide you where to find it. If you don't remember the one you selected last year you can create a new one to use.

Also, the 5 digit self-selected PIN is on the Federal Information worksheet for the year you filed, on Page 4 of the worksheet.  When you view or print your tax return make sure you check to Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.

@DaneB94

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Finding my 5 digit code

So if I don’t have a 5 digit pin from prior years, I can leave that field blank and just submit the AGI? I tried making a new pin but IRS is rejecting because pin doesn’t match

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Finding my 5 digit code

Yes -- In order to "sign" your return electronically, you need to enter your 5 digit pin from prior years OR enter your 2019 AGI.  If you don't have your PIN, enter your AGI.

Please see this TurboTax Help article for guidance:  How do I find last year’s AGI? - TurboTax

maegan lewis
Returning Member

Finding my 5 digit code

customer's self-selected PIN is not working

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Finding my 5 digit code

For the purpose of signing your electronic return, you can reuse your Self-Select PIN from last year or create a new one to use. For identification purposes, you need to enter either last year’s Self-Select PIN or adjusted gross income (AGI).  Please visit the link below for information on how to find last years AGI.

How do I find last year's AGI?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Finding my 5 digit code

Hi this is Tabitha I’m trying to look up my five digit code but it’s not letting me do you have that information for me and this is me Tabitha

Finding my 5 digit code

@Can you tell me what my five dig wrote:

Hi this is Tabitha I’m trying to look up my five digit code but it’s not letting me do you have that information for me and this is me Tabitha

You can enter any 5 digit code you select for the e-filing PIN.  However, you must enter the 2021 AGI as reported on your 2021 federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 11, to e-file the 2022 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies