turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

4010s

I have pushed the button to efile my state tax return and I want to cancel and mail them Am I able to change this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SharonC1

I have pushed the button to efile my state tax return and I want to cancel and mail them Am I able to change this

You will only be able to mail them if the state rejects them for some reason.  

(I am assuming you meant you submitted them on TurboTax.  If I am wrong, let me know in comments.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ef...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
SharonC1

You will only be able to mail them if the state rejects them for some reason.  

(I am assuming you meant you submitted them on TurboTax.  If I am wrong, let me know in comments.)

Marcia24

the federal was already been accepted and the payment of $20 was suppose to come out of it, yet i still cannot finish the state.  tubo tax gave me no option to mail my state taxes. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

To print and mail your return in TurboTax Desktop for Windows:

1. With your return open in TurboTax, select the File tab, then select Continue.
  2. On the next screen, E-file Your Federal Return for FREE, select File by mail near the bottom.
  3. Continue following the screens until you get to Print Tax Return for Mailing. Select Continue.
    • On the next screen, select Print Returns to Mail, then select Preview Print Copy in the pop-up window.
  4. Once the preview has opened, select the printer icon near the top (or go to Print in the File menu).
  5. When finished, select Continue in TurboTax and follow any additional onscreen instructions.

The first page in your printout is your File by Mail Instructions, which gives you the mailing address to send your return to, along with any forms you need to include with your return.

Tip: For security purposes, we don't recommend leaving your return in an unattended mailbox. Instead, mail it from the post office or give it directly to your mail carrier.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies