turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jhayes077

What is Apprasial and how do I get one

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

You must find a qualified appraiser who does the appraisal at the time of the donation.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-are-appraisals-required-donations.html

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@jhayes077 You've published copies of your documentation from ItsDeductible.  This is a public forum; you may not wish to post that here.  I suggest that you delete the PDFs of these documents.

Adding to the answer offered by @SweetieJean, see the TurboTax FAQ linked below explaining why you would need an appraisal (valuation of the items donated performed by a licensed appraiser) at the time of the donation.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565786-do-i-need-a-receipt-for-my-donation">https://ttlc.intuit.c...>
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

@Kat @jhayes077  I removed the attachments
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Additionally, only your 2017 donations can be used as deductions on your 2017 return.  If you want to use the 2016 donations, you'll need to amend your 2016 return.
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@xmasbaby0 I still see them.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@xmasbaby0 Got them!

What the heck?!  I went through Edit to remove them and took them away--I see that they are still showing up top--but they are not down at the bottom where they can be removed!  But when you click them all you get now is computer gibberish.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@xmasbaby0  I don't see them at the top any longer.  I deleted by editing and deleting at the bottom (like you apparently did).  Maybe refresh your screen?

Looks like they are gone now.  Whew.

This was weird--I was still seeing them after refreshing a couple of times...but at least now they are gone.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Good.  That's what matters.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies