turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NOLE1
Returning Member

Will I get a stimulus check because my mom claimed me as a dependent last year but hasn’t done her taxes this year and I have

I AM FILING THIS YEARCAIMING MYSELF AND WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE THE STIMULUS PAYMENT. IF I DO WILL MY MOTHER HAVE TO PAY BACK WHAT SHE RECEIVED?

NOLE1
Returning Member

Will I get a stimulus check because my mom claimed me as a dependent last year but hasn’t done her taxes this year and I have

BUT SHE HAS ALREADY RECEIVED IT. WILL SHE HAVE TO PAY THAT BACK?

@NOLE1 wrote:

I AM FILING THIS YEARCAIMING MYSELF AND WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE THE STIMULUS PAYMENT. IF I DO WILL MY MOTHER HAVE TO PAY BACK WHAT SHE RECEIVED?

If you are not being claimed as a dependent on a 2021 tax return then you would be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2021 tax return.

Your mother does Not have to pay back the stimulus payment she received for you as her dependent on her 2020 tax return.

NOLE1
Returning Member

SHE IS NOT CLAIMING ME AS A DEPENDENT. THERFORE I AM CLAIMING MYSELF. DOES SHE HAVE TO PAY BACK THE  ADVANCED MONIES THAT SHE  RECEIVED?

NOLE1
Returning Member

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MONEY SHE RECEIVED IN 2021?

NOLE1
Returning Member

SHE RECEIVED MOIES IN MARCH FOR 2021. IF SHE DOESNOT SHOW THE DEPENDENT ON HER RETURN. DOES SHE OWE THAT MONIES BACK?

@NOLE1 I answered your question already.  She will NOT have to pay back the stimulus she received.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies