turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nasifm123

Why tax software is forcing me to pay 60$ plus additional 50$, the published fee is only 50$?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Why tax software is forcing me to pay 60$ plus additional 50$, the published fee is only 50$?

It sounds like you started off in TurboTax Deluxe, and then you got help from a live expert through TurboTax Live (this is an upgrade). If this is the case, the Deluxe program costs $50, and the upgrade to the live expert through TurboTax Live is an extra $60. You can see the pricing here

You can view your fees by clicking on the "Tax Tools" option on the left-hand menu bar, then choose "Tools", then "My Fees". 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
nasifm123

Hi thanks for repl . But I never talked to or used any services of an  expert and now I am stuck unable to move on with my tax processing.  How can I fix that and pay only 50$

@nasifm123 wrote:

Hi thanks for repl . But I never talked to or used any services of an  expert and now I am stuck unable to move on with my tax processing.  How can I fix that and pay only 50$

Using the TurboTax online editions there is no edition which is just $50 - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

If you use the Deluxe online edition that is $60.  If you also add a state program that is an additional $50.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for checking your fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online/0...

See this TurboTax support FAQ for removing fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-can-i-do-to-reduce-my-fees/01/26051

OR -

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2019 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

They got me with this too, i got an extra credit from paying off my school loan. SO TURBO TAX WONT LET YOU FILE FOR FREE ANYMORE. they make you get deluxe which is 60 plus 50 . then u have to pay 40 fee to pay from ur return and not out of pocket. plus tax. SEEMS LIKE A HUGE SCAM TO ME. lets take a college students return credit because we realized they filled out an extra form THEMSELVES. Literally turbo tax did nothing special no extra help just took my money. so be careful and maybe go to a real tax person this year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies