Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nereus155

Why is Turbo tax charging me twice for the deluxe..I only filed one return. $80.00 instead of $40.00? I don't have a state return to file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Why is Turbo tax charging me twice for the deluxe..I only filed one return. $80.00 instead of $40.00? I don't have a state return to file?

Probably you chose to have the TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund and the service charge for that option is $39.99.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for removing the pay with refund fees and then pay TurboTax account fee with your credit/debit card - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...

I tried paying with my card and it said it was in error so I used a different card and was charged twice $40 on the second card.  How do I get a refund?

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

While in TurboTax select Review your fees to find out why you're being charged. Then, follow the directions to remove any unwanted charge:

@nereus155

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cpd-7

I am also being asked to pay a second time.  I have a receipt for the first charge.  This is really not acceptable.  If there is a tech issue, why is it not being investigated. 45 minutes and counting for customer service...

@cpd-7 wrote:

I am also being asked to pay a second time.  I have a receipt for the first charge.  This is really not acceptable.  If there is a tech issue, why is it not being investigated. 45 minutes and counting for customer service...

TurboTax support is closed on the weekend.  Support is open from 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday.

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

cpd-7

Not good enough. You has previous complaints about double charges and now I am facing the same issue.  How is it possible that you haven't fixed this. Sorry, but this is enough for me to switch to a different software.  One hour now and counting to speak to someone

@cpd-7 wrote:

Not good enough. You has previous complaints about double charges and now I am facing the same issue.  How is it possible that you haven't fixed this. Sorry, but this is enough for me to switch to a different software.  One hour now and counting to speak to someone

This is a TurboTax user community message board and Not TurboTax support.  The persons answering questions are volunteers and not TurboTax employees.

Contact TurboTax support on Monday.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies