chaquoriab

Which box on my W2 form do I look at to know how much I get back

CarolynM

Box 2 on our W2 is the amount of tax withheld from your wages. However, this does not tell you how much you will get back. 

On your form 1040, you will see your refund on line 75. If you owe, the amount will be on line 78.

CarolynM

f6b8a13ca254

Yeah I was just wondering how do I know how much I will get on my W-2 from when I look at it

@f6b8a13ca254 wrote:

On your form 1040, you will see your refund on line 34. If you owe, the amount will be on line 37.

@f6b8a13ca254 You cannot tell by looking at your W-2 how much your refund will be---or even if you will get a refund.   Your W-2 shows how much you were paid and how much was withheld from your pay for taxes.   Your refund --if you are getting one-- will be the difference between how much you owed to the government and how much was withheld from your paychecks.

Prepare a tax return to see how it comes out.  Enter your W-2 in Federal>Wages and Income

When all of your information has been entered your refund will be on line 35a of your Form 1040; or if you owe tax it will be on line 37.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.