turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jjbaby99

Where do i get a service code for a previous payment for this year's taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

"previous payment for this year's taxes"
Do you mean payment for the TurboTax product?

Please explain.  Did you already pay for your TurboTax product this year?   If so, you shouldn't need a service code.    Or did you pay for a different product than what you are using?   Or did you start and pay for a return in a different account than the one you used for  your return?

OP is asking from TTLive?
jjbaby99

Thank you for the quick response. Yes I paid the full total of $189.99 back on April 14th 2018 using a credit card, and can see it charged my account, in which I've already paid.  After filing the Federal and State extension I knew I had to complete the filing of my taxes before October.  So when I came in to complete my taxes, the FILE screen is not giving me any option other than to pay for Turbo Tax Live again.  I have an order confirmation (Order number) from April 14th, if that would help, but how can I get past this screen to submit & file, my Federal and State taxes for 2017 without being charged again?

First check to see if you have more than one account.  You may have paid in a different account.  If that doesn't explain it, we can tell you how to phone TurboTax Support on Monday to troubleshoot and correctly apply your payment.   If you do have 2 accounts, then to avoid having to start over in the other account, a service code could be the resolution.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery">https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery</a>

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method.
Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.
jjbaby99

Before I run this link, and clear my browsers of their cache, can you confirm that all of our data inside this return won't be compromised?  We have many, many hours of entry and do not want to risk losing any of it.  Thank you!

Your data in an online return is stored on TurboTax servers.   It's saved every time you change screens.  Clearing the browser cache should not affect your return, but if you have other non-TurboTax websites present in cache, it will delete those cached pages, too.   Make note of the User ID you are currently using so you can sign back into the right account with the finished return.

If you do have 2 TurboTax accounts and paid in the other account, you'll need to phone Customer Support anyway to resolve the payment issue.  If you wish, you can just wait and have them look to see if you have more than one account.    If you only have one, then they are still going to have the resolve the payment problem anyway.  Either way, you're going to have to phone in.

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263</a>

Did you add a state?

Good point.   If you only paid 179.99 (plus sales tax), that would be for Federal only.    What exactly is it trying to charge you for now?   Is it charging you 39.99 for a state return now?

@jjbaby99
This statement is what was confusing:  "the FILE screen is not giving me any option other than to pay for TurboTax Live again."

That's why I suggested looking for another account since I thought it was trying to charge for Federal again.  But maybe it's just asking for the 39.99 state return preparation payment that must not have been paid originally.   TurboTax Live plus a state return should be at least $220, plus any sales taxes if applicable.

How to review your fees  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4202093">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4202093</a>
jjbaby99

This is borderline funny, the time being spent on communicating about this issue.  It's real simple...this last post, and the link to "My Turbo Tax Fees" confirms that Turbotax still believes my Total Due for "My Turbo Tax Fees" is still $219.98.  It does break it down to be the "Turbo Tax Live" for $179.99, and the $39.99 for the "Turbo Tax State: Colorado".  The fact that I paid $189.99 on April 14th, 2018 for TURBOTAX LIVE TAX YEAR 2017, under the same and only account I have, with Turbo Tax, has me believing, that a quick 60 second conversation with a real person, will put this issue to a quick rest.  I do not feel that entering in my credit card and clicking the button to pay the full balance will automatically charge me for only the State return.  I am pretty certain I will be charged the full amount, for which I've already paid for the majority of it.  I think I should wait for tomorrow to talk with a representative.  Thank you for your time!  Sure would be nice to have live customer service reps available on Sundays!

TurboTax Support has weekend support during regular filing season, but this time of year they are only open on weekdays.  5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Mon-Fri.

They have access to your account and can troubleshoot with you in realtime to see why it does not reflect your original payment.  It will take longer than 60 seconds, however, but hopefully will be quicker than the amount of time you have spent so far.

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies