Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pedz
Level 3

Where are the downloads?

I've purchased TURBOTAX DESKTOP ADVANTAGE BUSINESS TAX YEAR 2022 CD.  Where do I go to download it?  I fight with this each year.  The site keeps forcing me towards filing the tax on line.

Why not, as soon as I log in, put me in a screen that is useful to me.  You have EVERYTHING about me, the products I've purchased throughout history.  Why put me at some utterly useless page asking me about my information?

I've purchased TURBOTAX DESKTOP ADVANTAGE BUSINESS TAX YEAR 2022 CD.  Where do I go to download it?

I've purchased TURBOTAX DESKTOP ADVANTAGE BUSINESS TAX YEAR 2022 CD.  Where do I go to download it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Where are the downloads?

Can you not log in to your account at the link below?:

https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/turbotaxdesktop

pedz
Level 3

Where are the downloads?

Yes.  But then what? I click Downloads and I see a "card" with my license code but no download link.

Where are the downloads?

You might have to contact Support. Another user had this issue a couple of months ago and Support was able to make the download visible and available somehow.

See How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

Where are the downloads?

If you are an Advantage subscriber sign onto your Advantage account to download

https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/turbotaxadvantage

If you need to download your program…..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-download-the-software-i-purchased-at-turb...

pedz
Level 3

Where are the downloads?

Still no sign of a download link.  Advantage puts me back to the thing that has the "card" and the license code but no download link.  The other link is similar.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Where are the downloads?

If you paid for the CD/Download, it will be saved in your account. You can access your download from any computer.
Use this link to log in and access Download’s & Unlocks. 

How to download TurboTax Desktop software from TurboTax.com

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where are the downloads?

I already posted that same link. @pedz needs to contact Support. This situation has occurred previously.

pedz
Level 3

Where are the downloads?

For future reference to others, this is what I see when I go to "Licenses and Downloads".

I'll try support... maybe at least they can refund my money.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 11.03.50.png

pedz
Level 3

Where are the downloads?

Ok... if you want to label me as a d#$%, that might be fair.

I am / was (I discontinued it now) an Advantage subscriber and if I would have read the text better, it would have told me.  So, if you encounter other dense critters like me this is what to advise then.

1) Open your CD package and there is a square that says Download.  Its instructions are nearly correct.  Go to installturbotax.com but this isn't really necessary because ultimately you end up at the same place.  Sign in.  This is the one tricky part.  When you sign in, it puts you in a page about Turbo Tax Online asking you to "tell us about yourself".  On the left lower corner are two links.  One of them is "Intuit Account".    Click Products & Billing on the left.  Then click the Turbo Tax square.  Then click the "card" for Turbo Tax "License and Downloads".   Then read (which I failed to do) this text:

Did you order a TurboTax product that you don't see listed above ?
TurboTax products ordered on a CD won't show as an available download in the above list. If you ordered a CD but want to access TurboTax as a download instead, enter your license code here - you'll find your license code in the instructions that came with the CD.

Click the link, enter your code from the CD mailer.  It spins a bit and finally comes back to the same page but now there is a download link.

I honestly don't get why it is so cumbersome.  All the software is identical and won't work until you put in the activation code so why make it so challenging just to download the software.  AND... as soon as you start it, it needs to download all the updates.

Anyhow... thank you for putting up with me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies