turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 2210 be updated for 2018?

2/17/19 Still not updating. Come on TT, let's get with the program here.

2/17/2019  IRS rejected due to form 2210  IIa box (saying 85% waiver) checked with no supporting documentation.  Unable to uncheck box, find a supporting page 2 form to provide information IRS is seeking, or delete the form entirely (letting IRS figuring penalty if any).  Also, see that some updates were provided, but unable to locate any updates (I utilize the on-line TT product).  Ive closed TT, restarted my router and computer, accessed T to no avail.  Very frustrated over quality of TT this year...

Try this -
Click on Federal > Click on Other Tax Situations > Under Additional Tax Payments choose Underpayment Penalties - Answer the on-screen questions, except set the amount owed in 2017 to 0, leave the rest at the default settings that TT imported and Form 2210 will be left off your e-file. After you've answered the questions, you can confirm Form 2210 has been removed by going to Tax Tools > Tools > Delete a Form. It will then show you a giant list of all of the forms in your return. 2210 should not be in it.
cataractdoc
Returning Member

Yes, I tried deleting the amount owed in 2017 earlier this afternoon.  Confirmed 2210 was gone, filed, accepted by the feds a little while ago.

In the desktop version in the instance where I needed to "uncheck" Part II, Box A, the method that worked for me was to override the check box and then you can uncheck it.

@jeff The override option doesn't work for me. Nothing happens.

@bttrainingyard

Two steps.
1) rt-click-Override and the "X" turns red
2) then left-click on  the  X and it disappears.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@SteamTrain  Doesn't work for me. Nothing turns red. It will only turn read if i right-click on something like "Name"

Rt-click oh the "X" itself, next to the A?  then choose Override from the pop-up menu?
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@SteamTrain Doesn't work. It wont allow me override it. Nothing happens

Could try deleting the form altogether (bottom of page) and when it regenerates, maybe it will allow it.

@SteamTrain  Didn't work. Nothing changes

@DoninGA Not sure if we should have to randomly change numbers

Well...in hat case, you may have to wait until TTX issues their next "fix" for it.

I don't know why you cannot do the override like everyone else can.....not that the override would end up working to allow you to file anyhow...I don't know what the final word is on that yet...

@SteamTrain I think it's only working for people on PCs, it doesn't work on Mac downloaded version
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies