turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 2210 be updated for 2018?

That’s exactly what i did and my e-file was accepeted

@sandracorti Just submitted it. Fingers crossed!

Wondering if anyone has had tax return rejected now that the update pushed through.  I was able to check Part II, A Box but return was rejected saying I needed a Explanation Statement.  I generated one and refiled and it was rejected again for the same reason.  Appears as if the Explanation Statement wasn't electronically sent.  Anyone else have this issue now?

IRS rejected mine, and I needed to add a comment to the Waiver Explanation Statement, which I am hoping fixes the "rejection".  TurboTax support rep was confident this was the issue.  I think this Form 2210 is new for 2018, as we have been making estimated tax payments for years without any issue.

Success!!!!

@strabun What was the specific comment you added? What line did you add the explanation on?

@medwards1014 I am having the same issue
cataractdoc
Returning Member

mine was rejected twice, even though I had a comment originally.  How exactly must the comment be added?

Very bottom of the form, is the Waiver Explanation Statement...click on “explain” button, and then provide your justification.  Ours was that we paid quarterly estimated taxes, which together with our withheld taxes, exceeded our tax due...thus a refund.  Then when back to Step by Step, and refilled...it was accepted

My Explanation Statement isn't being attached when I submit and file. It shows in the Forms screen, but when I try to preview my tax return, its not there. I think this is why my tax return is being rejected. Anyone have a fix to this?

@medwards1014 Were you able to get your Explanation Statement to attach?

Line 27 of the form, click "explain" button...brings up "explanation statement".  typed in justification, and clicked on "close form" on the lower left.  You should see it show up under form 2210 on the left forms pane
cataractdoc
Returning Member

Same here, can see stmt in forms list, not present in preview.  

@strabun I do see it on the left side in the forms screen, but when I switch back to Easy Steps, and try to preview my return before I submit, it isn't there. My explanation isn't shown as attached

@bttrainingyard I have the same issue as you. I can attach it and you can see it on the list but it’s clearly not on the list to get submitted
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies