turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will form 2210 be updated for 2018?

form 2210 still has 90% instead of the 2018 85% that was allowed for the changes to the tax system.  IRS has said this will be allowed for 2018 because of all the confusion with the changes and W4 "lack of" guidance.  When will Turbo Tax recognize this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax is estimated to be available on 02/07/19

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

View solution in original post

74 Replies

It is now 80% not 85% March 23 2019

Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax is estimated to be available on 02/07/19

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

djengholm

Is anyone else seeing a calculation error in Part III Line 15 - Multiply line 14 by 0.03603?

2/8 This form is insisting that I check "IRS to Figure Penalty". I want Turbox tax to do it. So I manually check the "Check to use part IV". The penalty is calculated but Turbo Tax still insists that the other box be checked.
slauder

Same issue and not fixed with the 2/7 update

As stated - "estimated"  Click on the link provided in the answer and you will see that the form is now "estimated" to be available on 02/14/19.

Yep, revised due to my call. Also, the form has not been released as a final submittable version. It is also not the issue. The problem is that the Federal process does not ask if you want TurboTax to figure the estimated tax. Its defaults to no I presume and hence here we are. The state process works properly.

BTW...these form issues should be displayed each time TT is started and not by having to search for answers on their site. That is an important form to not be ready.
rdg75

2/12: Same prob as 'ericinmaryland' -- Spent 2 days w/Level1 and 2 techs. First day ended with tech saying this is a "system error". He promised an email w/instructions on workaround. Day 2 and no email...so another hour w/ super rude Level 2 tech. He says the fix "may" come out on Friday updates (2/15/19).  

Doesn't anybody look at the link in the answer to this post?  The link shows that the Form 2210 is estimated to be available on 02/14/19.  All dates are subject to change.

I am not convinced its an issue with 2210. Yes, the final version of that form is due 2/15, but Turbo Tax is not asking how the user wants to calculate the late fee and this could be a software issue. Crossing fingers.

i think there is a bug in 2210. in my case part II box A is correctly checked as per instructions in the worksheet, but the desktop software keeps calling it an error and it doe not make me file the taxes.

Having same problems. Tried to delete the form 2210 but doesn't seem to allow it even though I hit the delete button. Won't allow me to transmit tax return, very f****d up.

I'm seeing the same issue as sandracorti. Just updated the desktop software and the form seems to be completed correctly, but Form 2210 is generating an error.  It says "Part II, Box A should not be checked, the penalty is zero."
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies