Solved: What evidence of payment do I get from the IRS that they received a credit card payment?

What evidence of payment do I get from the IRS that they received a credit card payment?

When paid by check, the cancelled check is the evidence of payment to IRS.  What evidence to I receive when paying by credit card that IRS actually got it?

The payment will be shown on your credit card statement, either showing the IRS or the US Treasury as the payee.

Just wanted to be sure that "IRS" or "US Treasury" would show on bank statement, not the intermediate company between Intuit and the IRS.  Thanks.

What if I need proof of payment via credit card but my credit card has since been closed with no access to statements?  Can I get proof of payment from the IRS?

rogerm428:
Does the CC company not have any process for furnishing a past statement? They might charge a fee to do so.

You can download a free tax ACCOUNT transcript at the IRS website, which should show any payments made.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript">http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript</a>

And to answer the 7 month old followup question,  Yes the payment would show up on your bank statement or credit card statement and would not go though the intermediate company.  That is only for refunds and only if you wanted to have the Turbo Tax fees deducted from a refund.  Otherwise refunds would go directly to you from the IRS.