turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What evidence of payment do I get from the IRS that they received a credit card payment?

When paid by check, the cancelled check is the evidence of payment to IRS.  What evidence to I receive when paying by credit card that IRS actually got it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What evidence of payment do I get from the IRS that they received a credit card payment?

The payment will be shown on your credit card statement, either showing the IRS or the US Treasury as the payee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The payment will be shown on your credit card statement, either showing the IRS or the US Treasury as the payee.

Just wanted to be sure that "IRS" or "US Treasury" would show on bank statement, not the intermediate company between Intuit and the IRS.  Thanks.
rogerm428

What if I need proof of payment via credit card but my credit card has since been closed with no access to statements?  Can I get proof of payment from the IRS?

rogerm428:
Does the CC company not have any process for furnishing a past statement? They might charge a fee to do so.

You can download a free tax ACCOUNT transcript at the IRS website, which should show any payments made.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript">http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript</a>

And to answer the 7 month old followup question,  Yes the payment would show up on your bank statement or credit card statement and would not go though the intermediate company.  That is only for refunds and only if you wanted to have the Turbo Tax fees deducted from a refund.  Otherwise refunds would go directly to you from the IRS.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies