chowdhurya

We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

GabiU

Hello! Hopefully this helps 

I get the message "not entitled to efile one of more formsets". 

Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.
 Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?

(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Sign out, Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below
  1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.
You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file

c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent
Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

npierson7

Not all the forms could be e-filed. You need to provide more information to us to be able to answer your question. 

chowdhurya

What other form? Please let me know.

Re: We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are n...

ChondelLO

We are unable to see your return in this public forum. TurboTax Live is an online product that lets you get help and guidance from a tax expert when you are preparing your tax return, including the option for a final review of your return. Click here for info on how to get TurboTax Live. 

For IRS forms availability click here

For state forms availability click here.

Mitcheka

I checked this with my tax forms and it says all of the forms I need to file are available for e-file. I thought maybe I was trying to file too early, but today is Feb. 12th and e-filing has officially started and I'm still getting the same error. 

I called TurboTax customer support and they said a lot of people were receiving this error but weren't able to tell me why or help me determine which form was the issue. Are there any other options on figuring out how to fix this?

JAYJASMINE

I have the same exact issue!! Very frustrating!!!

Cass0317

Thank you for sharing this information.  It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program. We are going to investigate this and will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately.

JohnDoe22

I'm having the same issue. commenting so I can get notified when the issue is resolved. 

dcrone233

same issue

KurtChadderton

same issue, please let me claim the money held hostage from last year

JAYJASMINE

Here is what I did to resolve the issue of my efiling being rejected with "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets"

And before I tell you the solution that I came up with let me state that when I spoke with TurboTax staff today and yesterday, they had absolutely no clue how to resolve the issue.

Okay, so since I had already paid for the federal return I could not delete it. I then realized through no fault of my own Turbo Tax never requested I pay for the state return. So I deleted the state return. I then re-added the state return and this time Turbo Tax requested payment. I paid and then bam!! I was able to efile successfully!!

This is an obvious flaw within Turbo Tax that they need to fix!!!

KurtChadderton

Was able to delete state and redo it.. it was then able to be efiled

Tessneypes

So you got double charge in turbo tax?

Because I did the same, I paid  then the message appeared the error message, then I’ve read forum that need to redo the state. So I REDO STATE but I am hesisting to file again becuase you need to pay again. I really don’t know what to do please help.

Adonis

I need a response a well 

JAYJASMINE

I paid once for federal and once for state. I always had to pay separately for state but this year it did not ask me to pay for state the first time but then I deleted state and added it back and the efile finally went through.