Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

98 Replies

We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

Not all the forms could be e-filed. You need to provide more information to us to be able to answer your question. 

What other form? Please let me know.

Re: We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are n...

Re: We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are n...

Not all the forms could be e-filed. You need to provide more information to us to be able to answer your question. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

We are unable to see your return in this public forum. TurboTax Live is an online product that lets you get help and guidance from a tax expert when you are preparing your tax return, including the option for a final review of your return. Click here for info on how to get TurboTax Live. 

For IRS forms availability click here

For state forms availability click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I checked this with my tax forms and it says all of the forms I need to file are available for e-file. I thought maybe I was trying to file too early, but today is Feb. 12th and e-filing has officially started and I'm still getting the same error. 

I called TurboTax customer support and they said a lot of people were receiving this error but weren't able to tell me why or help me determine which form was the issue. Are there any other options on figuring out how to fix this?

I have the same exact issue!! Very frustrating!!!

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing this information.  It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program. We are going to investigate this and will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately.

I'm having the same issue. commenting so I can get notified when the issue is resolved. 

dcrone233

same issue

same issue, please let me claim the money held hostage from last year

Here is what I did to resolve the issue of my efiling being rejected with "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets"

And before I tell you the solution that I came up with let me state that when I spoke with TurboTax staff today and yesterday, they had absolutely no clue how to resolve the issue.

Okay, so since I had already paid for the federal return I could not delete it. I then realized through no fault of my own Turbo Tax never requested I pay for the state return. So I deleted the state return. I then re-added the state return and this time Turbo Tax requested payment. I paid and then bam!! I was able to efile successfully!!

This is an obvious flaw within Turbo Tax that they need to fix!!!

Was able to delete state and redo it.. it was then able to be efiled

So you got double charge in turbo tax?

Because I did the same, I paid  then the message appeared the error message, then I’ve read forum that need to redo the state. So I REDO STATE but I am hesisting to file again becuase you need to pay again. I really don’t know what to do please help.

I need a response a well 

I paid once for federal and once for state. I always had to pay separately for state but this year it did not ask me to pay for state the first time but then I deleted state and added it back and the efile finally went through.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies