turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Was never asked for a 1095-a form.

I luckily get plus in case I need to amend but after starting an amendment, it is now telling me I have to also purchase the Deluxe edition as well. Now I feel like I am being ripped off. If I had known in order to amend, I needed deluxe and not plus, I would’ve simply gotten that. Paying $70 to simply add one form that I should’ve been asked for in the first place just doesn’t sit well with me. Can I have my plus refunded and applied to Deluxe?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Did you get a letter about Form 8962?  If so, you do not need to amend your return.

Here is how to get the form 8962 filled out. Please note: You are NOT going to amend your return and you are NOT going to add a state return. These directions are quirky but will get the job done.

1.  Log into your return
  1. Select that you want to add a state - this lets you into the program without the amend process starting.
  2. In the top right corner, locate the Magnifying glass/search  
  3. enter the exact words 1095a
  4. Select the first entry Jump to 1095a
  5. Fill in the 1095a information
  1. Print and mail the 8962

The IRS may adjust your refund once they receive your form 8962. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To my knowledge, I haven’t received anything about Form 8962. 

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

You can contact TurboTax support and they may be able to process a credit for you if you have been over-billed. You can contact us as follows:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

@ThomasM125 

I have attempted to use the support.

The lady I dealt with seemed confused by what I was asking. We screen shared and had to wait for a supervisor. After awhile, the supervisor joined us. The lady helping me seemed to think that I was confused as to why deluxe was more expensive than plus. I even got a great metaphor  about how Plus is like a one bedroom house and Deluxe is a two bedroom house and it has more space so it costs more.

Despite my insistence that I understood the difference in the packages, she seemed convinced that the metaphor was what I needed. 

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the agent you were speaking to. Your situation is not typical so there is probably not a prescribed procedure to handle it. Thus, a lot depends on the experience and skill of the individual you are speaking with. I suggest you make another call as you may have a better outcome. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies