Solved: W-2G. ny lottery What should I put in 18. Name of locality. Also where do I put in the 2,500.00 in itemized deductions to show I spent this on gambling. Steve Monahan

W-2G. ny lottery What should I put in 18. Name of locality. Also where do I put in the 2,500.00 in itemized deductions to show I spent this on gambling. Steve Monahan

You should enter exactly what's on your form W-2G; you don't need to add state/locality information if it's not reported.  Your resident state will automatically account for this income. To enter your losses for the itemized deductions, answer the questions after you enter form W-2G and the software will ask about all of your losses for the itemized deductions. If you missed them, you can head back in and add them.

To get back to the W-2G Gambling Winnings/Losses section, login and follow below steps:

1. Click 'Take me to my return'
  2. Click 'Federal Taxes' and then 'Wages & Income' 
  3. Scroll down to the last section 'Less Common Income' and click 'Show more'
  4. Click 'Start' or 'Revisit' next to Gambling Winnings

Let me know if you have questions.

1. Click 'Take me to my return'

Let me know if you have questions.