turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bluesgo

updating turbo tax

Trying to e file federal return .When I click" transmit return now" a pop up indicates that I need update my turbotax. So as instructed I  click "online "on tool bar click check for updates and it says my software is updated. Still unable to efile.  Please advise...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

updating turbo tax

I've also had the same issue.  I have been a TT user for many many years and have never experienced such a problem.  I have been trying to file since Friday, February 7th.  I've done everything I could think of.  I've run a software repair, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've re-keyed e-file information.  I am at my wits end.  Would appreciate some assistance.  Clearly there is a software issue happening yet no fix is posted.  PLEASE ADVISE.

Crowdeddesk
Returning Member

updating turbo tax

I am attempting to e-file federal and state return.  Clicking "transmit return now" gives me a pop up indicating I need to update my turbotax.  As instructed, I clicked "online" on tool bar, then click check for updates, and it says my software is updated.   Returning to the window, I am still unable to e-file.  Next steps please...

Hsbshs12

updating turbo tax

I am having same trouble with Turbo tax deluxe. I hit the transmit returns now and it tells me to go to online menu and click check for updates. Which I do and then tells me I have updates but still won’t transmit. Keeps telling me I have to go to online and click check for updates 

cp52

updating turbo tax

I am having a similar problem.  I have used TT for many years and just downloaded Deluxe for 2019 onto a brand new MacBook Air.  When I try to open it, I get a message that Apple can't check for malware and the software needs to be updated (but doesn't indicate if it is TT software or Catalina which is fully up to date). 

updating turbo tax

I am experiencing the same issue.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software.  I even exchange the software in the store for a different copy and the same thing.  After spending at least 10 hours doing this and being on the phone with TurboTax I finally was told there is a known issue and it is affecting many users.  There were not able to provide any ETA except that it is a known issue and they are working on it.

Please respond to post if able when it is working as I hope I can try again tonight to submit the return.

updating turbo tax

UPDATE: I was able to get the transmit to work but I'm not exactly sure how. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, then performed a repair software. After that, I cleared out the browser cache / cookies / history and when I tried to transmit, it worked. Try the easy thing first and clearing out your browser cache, etc. It may do the trick.

updating turbo tax

Same issue here.  This is very frustrating as we know that there is risk of someone filing a dummy return under our name.  We also strive to file early to avoid someone filing a false tax return. TT better fix this soon!

updating turbo tax

I assume you are using software installed on your local computer?  Since many of us have multiple internet browsers which one did you clear.  I thought of trying that, but being it wasn't an online version thought that likely not it

updating turbo tax

I have used Turbo Tax for many years, but with this problelm (to which I can't find an answer) this may be my last year.  I've always thought it is the easiest, most user friendly...but I will be looking for a different tax program.  Noone seeems to know how to 'update' the program.  I am at my wits end. 

Clearly there is a software issue happening yet no fix is posted.  PLEASE ADVISE.

aaflores

updating turbo tax

I am also having trouble transmitting both federal and state returns with the same message that I need to update.   I have followed all of the instructions in addition to uninstalling and installing the software.  Please email me when someone replies....

updating turbo tax

I found a phone number online after I logged in online. I left my phone number and TT called me back in about a half hour. They had to send to me a link via email that allowed me to manually update my copy of TT. After a download and a couple automatic computer restarts, it finally worked, and my files were successfully sent and received tonight. 

updating turbo tax

@aaflores 

here is the link they provided to me to manually update my TT Premier. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-... 

DennisL15

updating turbo tax

Same issue here; 2/23/20.  TURBO TAX--please fix this "known issue" and advise!

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

updating turbo tax

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support by following the instructions below.   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

But if you still feel you require additional assistance, you can contact us at (800) 446-8848.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies