Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmbw
Returning Member

TurboTax won't login with valid credentials

I'm seeing lots of login issues, but not quite the problem I'm experiencing.

I am able to successfully login to Intuit online perfectly fine.  I copy and paste the password that I literally just used to login to the website into TurboTax, and there we go; it can't log me on and asks if I need help with my login.

No, I don't need help with my login - I'm able to login perfectly fine using the browser.  What gives?

Thanks!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using the same login/password as you do for QuickBooks or another Intuit product?

You may want to try resetting your TurboTax password so that you can get back into your account: 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jmbw1

Intuit is not using a true one logon; its an integrated session cookie across platforms.  The accounts themselves are not truly integrated across platforms.    I tried to logon to the help center here today, using the same logon that I created this post from yesterday, and it wouldn't work (in fact, I didn't even receive a notification that a response was posted to my inquiry from yesterday - I stumbled across it).  Ran through the change password process - while using my same user ID, updated the password to what I used to logon yesterday through Mint portal; and once logged on here to the intuit forum, had to again, select a new username to use in this portal (hence jmbw1 today).  It didn't even recognize the one I created yesterday for my same User ID, but through the session I had opened via Mint.  I'm logged on now in Turbo Tax - but Intuit really needs to clarify the one logon experience; the accounts truly are still platform-independent.

I was able to fill in the forms but when it came to the 'File' step, it showed me a screen to choose the TurboTax product. I clicked 'Start' and all I saw was a blank screen. I followed instructions from the forum, to clear cache/cookies, closed browser, restarted my machine even. I switched from Firefox to Chrome to 
Safari. I was unable to log in, when I switched browsers. The login screen gets stuck on a loading spinner. 

I reset my password, tried going through the File step again, but it showed a blank screen every time! Is there a solution to this?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Since you are continuing to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies