turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trybble1

TurboTax reports that my Edward Jones login information is incorrect, yet I just used it to log into my account?

I tried 3 times.  TurboTax says my login information to Edward Jones is invalid, yet I can login in myself manually and it works just fine.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
micah-d

TurboTax reports that my Edward Jones login information is incorrect, yet I just used it to log into my account?

Please review the following FAQ, it might have the answer you're looking for.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3419760-this-import-was-unsuccessful-when-trying-to-import-your-10...

edvulio

Where is the new support for this? When you click on the above link it says support has moved 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this TurboTax FAQ: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-my-1099/00/26254

And this from Edward Jones: https://www.edwardjones.com/client-resources/tax-resources/access-tax-forms/import-turbo-tax-and-oth...

If you are having a password issue need to clear your cache and cookies or try another browser. Please see these TurboTax FAQ's for information on how to clear your cache and cookies:

To clear your cache use this TurboTax FAQ.

To delete your cookies use this TurboTax FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm getting the same error in TurboTax Premier 2022.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see our Help Article which provides troubleshooting steps for importing your 1099.

@RDexter 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here with TurboTax Deluxe 2022. Tried everything in the linked help article, including clearing all browser caches. I also shortened my EJ password, to no avail. Of all my imports, this one simply has to work. What's left? Calling 1-800-4-INTUIT?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you.

@Nexus7 

telkno8

[removed]-that number is the identity theft income tax staff report our filed on TurboTax because TurboTax is lying stating that I owe on a home buyer credit loan that's not true I've talked to the IRS agent and I've also talked to the sister attorney general and they told when I told her I do not owe any money I also send me my transcript and on May 13th I file again at 1098-T and TurboTax has rejected it and said that the IRS rejected it that's not true TurboTax is scamming me and I am going to pursue for reckless damage and withholding my money I need my money so I'm suing for that too just want to let y'all know my name is Terry Knowles [phone number removed] my phone number      te l k n o [email address removed]. there is also a consumer alert out on TurboTax with the consumer financial protection bureau and if I'd have known that I would have never told TurboTax into it to never mess with my personal information.

csprjp

I too had this issue.  Here is the resolution that worked for me and my father.

1.  Go into Edge Browser and clear ALL cache and cookies.    In upper right hand click the 3 dots and then click History tab on the history tab click on the 3 dots within the History tab in its upper right and Select Clear Browsing History.  Change the time to ALL, leave the options all checked and click on Clear Now.
  2. Save your return and close turbo tax.
  3. Go to your Online Edward Jones account.  Log in and you will need to perform the 2 step Authentication again.  Once you have gotten signed into your Edward Jones account, open Turbo Tax and attempt to import again with the Edward Jones access.

Ours worked after doing this. We both use Edge mostly, but we removed the cache/browser history from Chrome as well.  Good luck and hope it helps.

Image1.PNGImage2.PNG

Image3.PNG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies