“This import was unsuccessful” when trying to import your 1099 form
You can get this error message for several reasons:
- TurboTax Desktop is not up to date (How do I update TurboTax, Manually update TurboTax)
- Your username and/or password were incorrect. (Check your credentials with your financial institution.)
- No tax documents are available for you to import from this financial institution.
- Your financial institution uses two-step verification to sign in. (You will need to disable two-step verification to be able to import your 1099 into TurboTax using your financial institution credentials.)
- Your transaction count exceeds 500 and you're importing into TurboTax Online. TurboTax CD/Download can handle around 2,000 transactions.
- Temporary connection loss. (Try again later or enter your information manually.)