turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax for Mac 2019 Will Not Install

I've downloaded Turbotax for Mac 2019 four times. I never installs. It just bounces and will not open. Computer is fully up to date. Downloaded using Chrome as I have every other year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please refer to this FAQ to contact TurboTax Support for assistance with your download. Here are some troubleshooting tips that may also help. Troubleshoot TurboTax for Mac updating issues - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

message says to update mac to 10.13.   When I go to update, mac says "no updates available?"

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

For assistance, please contact Turbo Tax support by clicking on the link below.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

KAS20

I have installed Turbotax for the Mac 2019 from a download.  I open the program and it asks if I want to update and I say yes...it ends up taking me two tries to get the update to take.  When I open, it asks for verification and when I do it gets stuck with the spinning circle.  I have to force quit and from there on when I try to open the application again, it just bounces on the on the task bar and doesn't open.  I have to force quit again to get it to stop bouncing.  My Mac is up to date.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this workaround. 

You need to add the current TurboTax program to the Access Control Box.

Open Keychain Access

Under Keychain in the upper left column, click "login"

Under Category in the lower left column, click "passwords"

In the main body on the right side locate "Intuit ID" and double click

When the box pops up click "Access Control" (you may need to enter your login password)

Click the + located in the lower-left corner

Type in the current TurboTax, i.e. TurboTax 2019

Click "Save"

You should then be able to type in the log in password to allow access to the program.

View solution in original post

All these replies do not help.  When I go to the support section, it refuses to help me.  I downloaded Mac 2019 Deluxe.  When I tried to run it, it said my MacOS version was too low.  I'm not going to update my Mac version just for TurboTax... I want a refund.  How can I do this?  I have followed all the links in these threads and nothing helps.  I literally just purchased this online 15 minutes ago... I've been a loyal TurboTax customer for the past 15 years.  Requiring me to upgrade my OS, AND requiring a serial number has broken faith, as far as I'm concerned, and I'll now be going elsewhere.  How do I get my $$ back?

dehaanmr

I have exactly the same problem. Purchased Premier at a store. Tried to install but refused to run, because my Mac OS is 10.12.6 and Intuit wants me to install 10.13.6. Then tried to do this on the Apple store, but Apple let me not do this. I did find 10.13.6 , but when downloading it the message is that this file is corrupted. Clearly Apple want me to go to Catalina, but then many of my older applications will not work anymore. There was also a message then from Intuit that i Could try to download Premier from their web that then would work with 10.12.6, but I have not been able to find that on their site.

After so many hours wasted, I want a refund and will leave Turbotax after 20 more years (I started with MacIntax)

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

For information on our Satisfaction Guaranteed (or Guaranteed Easy) policy please click the link below.

Our TurboTax Satisfaction Guaranteed refund policy - Community

I am having the same problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times now.  I am using s disc purchased from Costco. I have talked with TurboTax customer support 4 times.  It will not open.  The icon just bounces.  I have seen a box open for a few seconds that says "collecting information," but it closes quickly and the program stops.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please ensure you have the Minimum system requirements for TurboTax Mac software.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for further assistance:

TurboTax for Mac won't open when installed

Troubleshoot TurboTax for Mac download issues

I checked all the requirements.  I was FINALLY able to get the TurboTaxPremier to open by COMPLETELY uninstalling it (using a commercial product to find all the related files) and reinstalled it.  One user on a community discussion page recommended ignoring the window that popped up after I reinstalled it reporting an error.  The first time I attempted this I clicked on the send error report to TurboTax and the program shut down.  This time I ignored it and the program installed updates and opened properly.

There is definitely a problem with TurboTax 2019 for Mac.  I have never experienced this with other versions.  And yes, I checked all my privacy settings before contacting the support number.

Which uninstaller product are you using?

I have tried manual cleanup, but so far unsuccessful

I am having similar issues.  I used TurboTax for Mac in 2017 and 2018 and it worked well then.

TurboTax 2019 on Mac is problematic.

I am also trying running Windows 10 virtual using Parallels for Mac.  It seemed better, but get looping at login screen at just before efile.

So close.

Hi, all. Last-minute--July 15--downloader here for TurboTax Deluxe 2019. I was having problems, too. I was able to download but not install. (BTW, I'm running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6.) The application would download updates (no option but to do that), then when a pop-up asked me to install and relaunch, it would quit. I tried this 3-4 times; same frustrating result.

After trying again to get the program to open for me, I decided on a hunch to press and hold simultaneously the control-option-command keys just after the "install and relaunch" window popped up. While holding those keys down, I hit the install and relaunch button, and the program installed, finally.

I wish I could say I knew how this worked for my mac. Maybe it will work for yours!

I was having a similar issue. I was using the TURBOTAX PREMIER TAX YEAR 2019 MAC DOWNLOAD WITH STATE product. After a period of non-use, the program wanted to install a 231 MB update. Clicking that allowed the update to occur, and then another dialogue box with the words "Ready to Install: Install and Relaunch" popped up. Unfortunately, simply clicking to Install and Relaunch would close the program and no relaunch would ever occur. I performed this same action five times, then searched for solutions. This solution - to click and hold CONTROL+OPTION+COMMAND while at the same time clicking to Install and Relaunch - finally took the program to the next step.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies