Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jolayne

Turbotax Deluxe 2020 keeps crashing

Yeah, I've been using TT for years and never had it crash!

I am up against the tax date deadline and worried I won't be able to submit taxes on time!

Using Mac with OS Catalina but used the same computer last year with TT and no problems!

Fix this Intuit!

TPowers2
Returning Member

This is nuts. How can they keep selling it knowing it's crashing? Used TT faithfully since 2008 or so, but this is crazy. Tried to repair as another TT help article recommends... it crashes. Can't "run" to start a return - it crashes. Reinstalled and updated and... you guessed it. It crashes. Oh, and after the autoupdate when it asks if you want to launch TT (or however the dialogue is worded) - it doesn't crash, but it also doesn't launch.

I had a share screen with TT Support, they could not fix the problem. I was able to install TT on a different PC and it worked fine. Also, on the problem PC, I could 'Switch User' and run TT fine that way too.  I think there's some app on my regular Windows profile that is not playing well with TT. I didn't have time to narrow it down so I just filed my taxes using a new Windows profile. I've used TT for a couple decades and never had it crash until this year. Strange.

candmkr

Can I get the info for a refund? I did not purchase from Turbo Tax.

@ candmkr wrote:

Can I get the info for a refund? I did not purchase from Turbo Tax.

If you are experiencing problems, have you talked to TurboTax Support for technical assistance?   I provided contact info below.  Or you could post some details in this user forum, if desired, including what product, and if for Windows or Mac, what operating system version, and someone might offer some suggestions in this forum.

In any case, in regard to the desktop software (CD/download), TurboTax has a 60-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee no matter where purchased.  If the original retailer won't provide a product refund, you can use the following online form to request a refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-request-a-refund-for-my-turbotax-product/...

If it's been longer than 60 days, I'd still try for a refund (or assistance) since if it's crashing, then you have no way to use it.  You may have to speak to TurboTax Support in that case.

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

clearing cache and cookies does not do anything for software operating on your computer. Only browser

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies