Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Business “TTB” fails to import from Quickbooks Accountant Desktop Plus 2023 “QB”

TTB desktop installed on a windows PC. Running import from QB desktop Accountant Desktop Plus 2023. Import does not import anything and there are no errors.  I have tried on multiple separate returns and company files. I uninstalled and reinstalled TTB. I uninstalled and reinstalled QB.

I have used TTB and QB in this exact setup for 20+ years without issue until this 2022 tax year.

I have called support and they keep transferring me back and forth from TTB support to QB and back again. 

The support line is extremely inefficient to navigate. Started 2 weeks ago and have had more than 15 calls. Going nowhere.

Should be very simple. In past years with both TTB and QB running same company files just goto TTB file import “from quickbooks” and it works. The first time in a tax season per company file prompts to verify the transfer of data but otherwise very simple and it has always worked without issue

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax Business “TTB” fails to import from Quickbooks Accountant Desktop Plus 2023 “QB”

Rechecked TTB this am. There was a new app update. This installed.

After install i retried same steps and the import worked. I assume this is now fixed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Rechecked TTB this am. There was a new app update. This installed.

After install i retried same steps and the import worked. I assume this is now fixed.

Apparently they didn't fix the issue for the 2023 TTB software, as I currently cannot import QB Pro 2021 into TTB for 2023 tax year.  I have tried updates, and TT support cannot help at all...  I'll keep trying to update and then trying to import, but at some point, maybe I just have to input my data manually.  If anyone has any more suggestions, I'm all ears.  I can't be the only one with this issue...

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This is from another user and will possible help as a workaround.

I followed the Advice of the Community to Install QB Enterprise (QBE) 2024 Trial software. 

Immediately after install without launching QBE 24, TT Biz 2023 found my QB Premier (QBP) 2021 Files.  I did all this while QBP 21 was open.  Then i had an issue with Windows Beta UTF-8 character set and had to shut down and Re-boot. 

At this point QBP would not load... it kept giving the must reboot to complete install (even after rebooting) the fix was to Launch QBE 24 to the Type of business selection screen... then without making ANY selection, hit the Exit Quickbooks Button!!.  After this QBE closed, and QBP opened normally.  I verified that TT BIZ 23 could still see the QBP 21 company files.  I am curious to see what happens after tax season when i uninstall QBE 24... or did this just buy me 3 more years of TT compatibility? 

While this workaround solution works, it is a poor solution to the problem!  Intuit should have been able to fix the Bug in the TT (biz & H+B) 2023 software versions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks so much for the suggested solution.  I think at some point the cure may be worse than the disease.  It may be easier to just manually input the information than to install and reboot (my computer is up there in years and a reboot takes FOREVER!)  Anyway, I DO appreciate it though, and may re-consider if inputting the info becomes too tedious (if I haven't found another solution by then...)

Thanks again!

Klink
Returning Member

I have the same issue.  I get an Opps! message!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies