Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

@BigMacaroni wrote:

Yeah, what's up??  It says $19.99 to E-File and then I get to the end and it wants me to pay $49.99!!   False advertising??  Since I have time I'm just going to mail my return in.  Might think about going to H&R Block next year.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop editions it is currently $19.99 to e-file a state tax return.  Where are you seeing this $49.99 charge?  Did you select to pay the charge from the federal tax refund?  Or did you add Audit Defense to your order?

Tom Silva

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

Not only that ....why does turbo Tax charge $19.99 to file your state return when you bought the deluxe issue with one free state filing, but it won't let you file till you pay it again.......and how do I get my money back???

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

@Tom Silva wrote:

Not only that ....why does turbo Tax charge $19.99 to file your state return when you bought the deluxe issue with one free state filing, but it won't let you file till you pay it again.......and how do I get my money back???

You bought the Deluxe desktop edition that included one free state program download.  Not one free state tax return e-file.

Pam15

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

I accidently bought just the Fed package instead of the Fed and State.  After getting hosed for an additional $40 for just the state software, I was still charged an another $19.99 to e-file it.   I've used Turbo Tax for years and am so disillusioned by this that I'll look at something else next year.  

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

You can go to TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

Well I was under the impression that filing was no charge as its stated on the IRS website..infact I've just joined a class action lawsuit that's taking place because of the misleading way this "FREE FILING" was advertised..I paid over $140 for processing fee and some other fee I cant recall because I did not have enough money on my credit card to pay the $35 ..so I'm waiting on my tax return to post in my bank on the 26th of FEB and I've never had to wait so long for a tax refund..I'm angry because I called a consultant at intuit and I had to pay the extra $90 because i didn't fill out the right form for self employment to get the "FREE "  filing..I asked if I could transfer all of the info to the correct form wo having to start over because I'd been at it for 3 days..this software is misleading and traps you when you're already frustrated and ready to  b done..I'm not happy with the company right now..if the bank who intercepts my tax check delays me any more than a couple of hours I'm going to be irate..I filed 4 days before the irs even opened and this is the longest I've EVER waited on my check..

beanbit

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

This is a complete rip off!!!  You should be ashamed.  I let my college son do his return and he pushed the button before I could check it over.  He was charged a total of $65 on a refund of $571!!!!  shame on you.  I predict a class action suit coming.  I called customer service and they could not do anything.  big ripoff.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

You have an option to mail your tax return in to avoid the e-file fee. Also, it is not customary or even allowable by law to set tax preparation fees based on the amount of the taxpayer's refund.

trkyhunt

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

Why were we charged $120+ to file as self-employed?  Our total fee last year was around $65.00.  We aren't self-employed

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

You can review your fees by following the instructions below.  

1. After signing in to TurboTax, open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools on the left side of the screen and then Tools.
  3. A Tools Center box will pop up on your screen.
  4. Select the My Fees box on the right.

If your TurboTax fees are higher than expected, you can reduce them by removing add-ons:

ED45

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

When is a free State Tax Return not free?  When Turbo Tax charges $25 for filing the return electronically.  Shame on Turbo Tax for not making that clear upon the initial purchase.   Mis-representation comes to mind.

mchalek

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

Why was I charged by turbo tax a fee to file for federal which was $150 and $20 for state

mchalek

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

I agree, I was ripped off. I thought I filed as a standard deduction but instead it was for self employed. I had no deductions

mchalek

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

How do I get a credit

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

I purchased Turbotax Deluxe that included one State e-file.  I had my tax returned incomplete at the time my daughter did her taxes. I NEVER used the one free state file. Now my daughter is being charged for using the state e-file. Does she have to pay?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies