Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

edhardy41

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

34.99 for bank processing fees and 34.99 for your fees as well? Really? That seems greedy on both your parts since we are talking e-filing and e-transfer. We all know the money is available to the banks much quicker than 21 days...Guess the banks and you win
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

45 Replies

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

I agree as well. While the state processing fee is, the payment-via-return-fee is not prominently displayed and makes me think that I'll be moving to another provider. I'm not interested in doing business with someone who isn't upfront about cost.
abitysr

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

I agree, this is robbery from the working class. Before I clicked on file the amount said 39.99 . After I click it doubles. I will NEVER use this program again. I work with over 500 people and I will send , post and vocalize how bad this company rips you off. I demand a credit.
minne9

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

This information not helping me
tomaszp72

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

last time I did e-filing. turbo tax conveniently forgot to tell me about this fee....maybe last time turbo tax....

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

My refund was $2,722, but owed the IRS $2,000....I got a deposit for $96.38 so where is the rest? Did I get charged over $600 to file with TurboTax???
chiger

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

I received a50% off deal via email which I clicked on. Then when I was actually ready to file, it was $79 + state AND an additional surprise $39.00 fee to reroute it through another bank-which I do NOT want. I am unable to find how to undo this. What is going on Turbo Tax?!? This ended up costing MORE than what I paid to have a tax preparer do it last year. I think I'll save myself time and money and NOT use TT again!

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

I agree with all the above the fees were not published before hand.  I will not use this next year.   
SalR

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

The Refund Processing Service is an option you can choose if you do not have a debit or credit card to pay the TurboTax fee. This $34.99 fee is paid to an intermediary bank, since the intermediary bank has to intercept your refund, deduct the TurboTax fee, and then forward your refund to you. The bank charges a fee for this service.

This bank processing fee can easily be avoided simply by paying the TurboTax fee when you e-file with either a debit or credit card.

In regards to your mention of 21 days, this is the average time that the IRS requires to process a tax return, not the amount of time that the bank requires to electronically transfer funds.

The TurboTax FAQ below provides additional information about the Refund Processing Service and explains how to remove it before you e-file:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5007885

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

So, what does Turbo Tax say about this? <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.propublica.org/article/turbotax-just-tricked-you-into-paying-to-file-your-taxes?fbclid=I...>
antohill

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

I had Federal free file and state free file completed my taxes and TurboTax offered me a promotional item to be able to have access to some premium items that really had nothing to do my taxes being filed at all.. Was 1yr access monitor to improving my finances and credit scores and having access to promo add one not tax prep! 

TurboTax acknowledged the fact that I was only supposed to be charged 19.99taxes included but aren't willing to do anything about this Bank holding my refund and charging me $49 without permission of a bank processing fee even States total deducted for promotional items 19.99 on my receipts

antohill

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

When I called the Santa Barbara Bank they blamed it on TurboTax called TurboTax they blamed it on the bank

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

Short answer: TruboTax is not free. If you have student loans, as many of us do, expect to have no choice but to pay over $100 in fees. This is including the $40 or so fee from the bank they use. And the option, or rather, notification, that you'll have to take on this fee comes halfway through the filing process. The site gets you half way through one of the more annoying things in life and says "Because you have student loan interest to file, you can either start over with someone else/on your own, or pay us a massive fee". And the explanation of this is a page full of information that sends you in circles. 

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

So, it would seem they may be doing a fast one on everyone. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.propublica.org/article/turbotax-just-tricked-you-into-paying-to-file-your-taxes?fbclid=I...>

Turbo tax e-filing fees?

Yeah, what's up??  It says $19.99 to E-File and then I get to the end and it wants me to pay $49.99!!   False advertising??  Since I have time I'm just going to mail my return in.  Might think about going to H&R Block next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies