Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Transmission Didn't Go Through: Duplicate SSN# error 2019yr

I'm screwed and just like millions of people but it would be nice if we're told the right information in the first place.  In my case I was told by Turbotax customer service today that I had used a nonfilier option on the IRS website to get my stimulus check (which was confusing and that was the only way to get my check) and that's why I'm getting that message because the system is saying I already filed and I'm filing twice.  Anyway, I was told by Turbotax cs to switch to paper mailing option.  Right after getting off the phone I had found out that the IRS won't be able to process my paper return on time!  No one is working!  Dead line is July 15!  There goes my $$$ and now NO FOOD for my family and kids!  Please help!  Maybe someone can start a petition to fix this please!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

The deadline of July 15 is to pay tax you owe for 2019.  If you do not owe, then that deadline does not affect you.  The IRS will continue to issue stimulus checks throughout the year.  They will eventually process the backlog of paper returns.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The July 15, 2020 date is only for those that have taxes owed and need to pay those taxes by that date to avoid a failure to pay penalty.  For a tax refund there is a 3 year time-frame to file for a refund.  So for tax year 2019 a tax refund can be filed at any time on or before July 15, 2023.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the procedure to use when the non-filers website was used and a 2019 tax return needs to be filed - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/stimulus-how-to-file-your-return-after-getting-rej...

I'm very frustrated.  Ok, I was told to sign and mail out, but where do I sign?  How do I go back to where I want to still efile?  I called CS and I waited over almost 5 minutes before I could be in line to speak to a live CS.  This is a joke after paying! thanks

Carl
Level 15

You need to go back to the FILE tab (the TAB not the word "FILE" in the upper left of your screen) and work it through again so you can change to the "print and file" option. Exactly how you do that with the online version of TurboTax I wouldn't know. (I use the desktop version.)

Understand that you have *NO* *CHOICE* at this point but to print, sign and mail your return to the IRS. Since you used the non-filer option on the IRS website to register for the stimulus payment, the IRS computers (not turbotax computers) already have your SSN marked as "used" for the 2019 tax filing season. There is absolutely *NOTHING* that you or anyone else can do to fix what was essentially your mistake.

If you owe the IRS money, then you can go to www.irs.gov/payments and pay what you owe to the IRS *right* *Now*. Then you can mail your return to the IRS and who cares when they process it then.

If you are do a refund, then continued discussion is just a waste of your time, as it will not help anyone. Get it in the mail and do what the rest of those who mailed their tax return are doing, and wait.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies