Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

I'm totally unfamiliar with that form, Ally. Maybe it is a form that the IRS hasn't finalized yet and you do have to wait till they do then get an update from Turbo Tax. Have you had any success talking to a real person at Turbo Tax ? I know that there is a phone number buried somewhere on the site where you can reach a real person. I did a few years ago when there was a problem with their software and they solved it.

Ally07
Returning Member

Yes, that is correct. The representatives last week said the new date it would be available is the 28th.

Here we are at the 28th, and it’s still not accessible leaving me still unable to file.

Ally07
Returning Member

@DoninGA 

Yes, that is correct. The representatives last week said the new date it would be available is the 28th.

Here we are at the 28th, and it’s still not accessible leaving me still unable to file.

I don't know what to advise you, Ally, but I think that the Turbo Tax people, who are always advertising about their "live help" and terrific customer service, are doing a pretty lousy job of communicating to purchasers of their products about updates and how to fix problems like yours and mine. They should have a customer service number that's readily visible that you don't have to search and search and find buried somewhere. They also have all our e mails that they so readily send us junk mail about their products so there's no excuse for not communicating to us about issues, updates, etc. Did you try shutting down your computer and restarting it ? Then, restart TT and see if any updates come up. That's what worked for me. 

Ally07
Returning Member

I absolutely agree with this. Absolutely. I called this morning and they’ve given a third date, now saying it will be available March 1st. 

first date: February 21st, not available

second date: February 28th, not available

These dates were found because I had to keep reaching out. It’s been ridiculous 

I hope they're right this time, Ally. It's a little more than a month before taxes are due and besides, they're holding everybody up from getting their refunds. Where are you located ? Have you had any trouble with your state return ? 

Absolutely pathetic. I already switched to H&R Blocks software and it worked fine, got my returne within a week of filing. I'll never go back to TT. 

I am a mechanical engineer and if I released a defective product I would be fired. Same for electrical engineers etc. So why is it software engineers can release garbage and it is considered normal and acceptable?

Nikko

You're absolutely right, Nikko. For me,  I've been using TT for many years and this is the first real screw up they've had. I'm going to give them another year and if things like this happen again I'll be leaving. 

Ally07
Returning Member

As of March 1st, I spoke with a representative whom was a supervisor by the name of Diane. She hung up the phone on me and refused to provide me with any assistance. As of March 1st, the new date they provided, I still cannot file. This is the worst customer service I could have ever imagined. She was rude, not helpful, and went as far as hanging up the phone on me. This is what Turbo Tax has to offer.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

What problem are you having? If it shows it will be updated March 1, the update usually happens late afternoon or evening so it might not be available until late today or by morning.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Ally ! I'm so sorry you had to put up with that rude supervisor named Diane. Please try calling back again and maybe you'll get someone more helpful. Meanwhile, please post the customer service telephone number you called so we all can know what it is. Where are you located ? Have you had any trouble with your state taxes ?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

To call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

For everyone's edification the Turbo Tax "Customer Service" telephoner number is 1-(800) 446-8848. They should have this visibly posted everywhere and we shoul'[t have to search and dig for it buried somewhere. They're very quick to sell us their products but then make it very difficult to contact them when we need help. 

Let's blast them with phone calls ! 1-(800) 446-8848 🤬

Since Turbo Tax removed their phone number from my last post I'll have to spell it out. What are they afraid of ?

It's one, eight hundred, four four six, eight eight four eight. 

Ally07
Returning Member

@CatinaT1 the problem is the Qualified Disaster form 8915F2 is available by the IRS but TurboTax hasn’t linked it to their software so I cannot efile my entire return and I’ve been waiting basically 3 weeks for Turbo Tax to have their engineers or whomever merge it so my taxes can be filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies