The stimulus calculation does not seem to appropri...

The stimulus calculation does not seem to appropriately account for a catchup payment for a new dependent being born in 2020. What do I do to account for that?

In the My Info section of the program when you added a dependent make sure that their birthdate is correct, you indicated that they lived in your home for the whole year, they did NOT provide for over one-half of their own support and that there was not another person in the household who also supported the child.

After verifying the information, look at the federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30.  Is their $500 Recovery Rebate Credit included on Line 30?

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

If there is no credit being shown on the tax return for the child, delete the dependent and re-enter.

When you entered your baby under My Info did you pick he lived with you the WHOLE YEAR?  Even if they are born in December.  Do not enter the number of months.  Go back to My Info and check.  

be reminded also, that the software only currently reflects the 1st stimulus; it has to be programmed to reflect the 2nd stimulus

how much stimulus does it show you are due and how much were you expecting?