turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JJ103

The IRS released form 8915-E yesterday. when will it be incorporated into TurboTax?

How did you locate the form? I started filing 2 weeks ago waiting for TT to prompt me for the 8915-E, got all the way through it is said I was ready to file. It never prompted me for the 8915-E, I would have just filed and paid the extra tax if I didn't know about it. Have been patiently waiting for the form to update in turbotax, now my TT updated this morning I went back in and it just prompts to complete filing my taxes? Does not pop up with a flag that I took an IRA distribution, nothing to note there may be an opportunity for me to save money on my taxes. Where did you go in Turbo tax to complete the form?

Thank you

The IRS released form 8915-E yesterday. when will it be incorporated into TurboTax?

Happy to report that form 8915-E is now available in the desktop TT version as of the morning 0800 EST and is working as advertised. Thanks TT

Adamfoth

Installed the 2.26.21 Update and form is still not there has anyone been able to complete their taxes with the form?

@Adamfoth wrote:

Installed the 2.26.21 Update and form is still not there has anyone been able to complete their taxes with the form?

You will not see the Form 8915-E.  It is generated after you have completed the entry of your Form 1099-R and answer the questions related to a Covid-19 withdrawal.  Either enter or edit your Form 1099-R.

deleted

Thank you DoninGA..!!  I noticed the same thing almost at the exact same time  🙂

@Scooby5 wrote:

I was able to adjust for the fact that my withdrawals were Covid related, but I cannot file.  At the final step I get an error stating:

"Pension/Annuities/IRA Worksheet: Txble Pens/IRA(Reg Dist) We're still working on updated related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster of Covid relief.  You can keep working on your return and we'll remove this message when it's ready."

I though those forms were supposed to be completed by now?  Anyone else seeing a similar message?

That is a state tax return message, not federal.

Adamfoth

You are absolutely correct thank you worked I was skipping to the end of section since all the info was already entered 

The Form is on the IRS site. When will Turbotax update its software?

@glcorbett wrote:

The Form is on the IRS site. When will Turbotax update its software?

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments is available for both the TurboTax online web-based editions and the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions.

If you are using the desktop editions you have to update your software.  Click on Online.  Click on Check for Updates.

You need to enter or edit your Form 1099-R and answer the questions concerning a Covid-19 distribution.

rguard31
Returning Member

I have tried editing over and over again, I've tried deleting form 1099-R over and over again and re-entering, it does NOT ask me anything about COVID withdrawal. It does ask me if I declared natural disaster, but it says only if declared before February 2020, but COVID was declared in April 2020. But regardless, I am not getting any COVID withdrawal questions, I am using TT online, please advise if there is a work-around to resolve this issue.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

To update your 1099-R when it is otherwise not responding, try deleting it in a different way before re-adding it. To do this in TurboTax, follow these steps:

To delete it,

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools.
  • Select Tools.
  • Scroll to Delete a Form.
  • Scroll to Form 1099-R and select Delete and Delete Selected Form and Continue.
  • Refresh your browser window.
    • Use an incognito Chrome browser if you have not already.

To re-add it,

• Return to the program and search for 1099-R. Select the Jump to link in the search results.
    • Enter Form 1099-R, which will produce the questions you need.
    • ​​​​​​​The questions following the initial posting should include: 
      • Do any of these situations apply to you?​​​​​​​
        • If applicable for Covid-19, select: I took out this money because of a qualified disaster (includes COVID-19)
      • Where is your distribution from?
        • If applicable for Covid-19, select: Pension/IRA distributions received before retirement age / None of the above

For more details, see: 

When to Use Tax Form 1099-R: Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement, etc.

What is Form 8915-E Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments?

its not working

@Lon67 wrote:

its not working

Since no one knows what is not working we will not be able to help you without some detailed explanation.

Trying to find form 8915-E on turbotax. its not working. Been trying forever and release date says 24th but its not there. When will turbotax have form 8915-E for early withdraw of IRA due to Covid19. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies