Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

The IRS released form 8915-E yesterday. when will it be incorporated into TurboTax?

For 2021, IRS has released form 8915F. This form will be available in TT on March 30th as per my conversation with TT support. Unfortunately, we can't do anything until than

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

The IRS released form 8915-E yesterday. when will it be incorporated into TurboTax?

Here is a list of Federal Individual Form Availability with e-file available dates. Check to see if it will be available on 3/24/2022.

@TXDAD

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@FangxiaL I do see 8915F listed to ne released on 3/24. But is TT can incorporate that on that day? I was told by CS that it would be 3/30

Sorry, that did NOT answer the problem. What you call it and solving the problem are 2 different things. You may be right about what you call it, but I gave you the actual error and calling it something else (another form name) did NOT fix the problem that the form (whatever then name) is NOT there and I cannot file the tax. 

You'd have done better telling me when the correct form is working and when it is to be released.

sammym731

I have been waiting for this form to be updated as well.  I noticed yesterday, after not logging in for a couple of weeks, that my federal refund and state refund dropped significantly.  Is this due to the 8915 E from last year being taken out and awaiting the new form to be uploaded?  I didn't update anything, so I am confused as to what prompted the change.

WHEN CAN I EFILE MY RETURN IT KEEP SAYING WAITING ON FORM 8915E-S. WHEN WILL THIS BE AVAILABLE

Mine dropped also and I haven't touched anything. @sammym731 

My calculated return also dropped by half ($200). I'm hoping this means that it's at least now including the carryover from spreading it over 3 years in 2020. Now only if it would let me submit my Federal return -- hopefully in an update later this week.

noon43

does this mean i should just file without form 8915-E and ignore the message that some of my forms are not ready? 

@noon43 wrote:

does this mean i should just file without form 8915-E and ignore the message that some of my forms are not ready? 

Yes.  The Form 8915-E was Only used on a 2020 tax return.  Ignore the message and e-file your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies