Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hawaii08

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I don’t have a 1095-A form why does it keep asking me about that?

did this work for you!!

1975bunny

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I don’t have a 1095-A form why does it keep asking me about that?

You wont let me file my taxes asking for a 1095 A    We dont have that   We have a 1095B   we both have insurance from work   What to do

You don't need enter a 1095-B or 1095-C just a 1095-A.  If you started a 1095A by accident, see this expert answer on how to delete it

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/what-if-i-didnt-get-a-1095a-but-got-a-1095c/00/42...

1975bunny

This doesnt help me.  i already tried that and it keeps circling around   I never had marketplace insurance ever

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@1975bunny

Please try the workaround posted above by @DaveF1006:

There was an update with available information on Error Code F8962-070  today.  The IRS is rejecting returns with this code because they believe you or someone on your return had insurance through the marketplace. Since you did have insurance through the marketplace in 2019, you  may still just be on their list.

You can try to enter $1 for 1095.  This will not affect anything on your return, but having the form there may get the IRS to accept your return.  To do this take the following steps:

• Click Deductions and Credits
  • Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  • Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  • As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.
  • Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  • Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  • Walk through to the end and submit your return. 

If this does not work for you, please post here for the next steps.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Eliasam26

I just confirmed, this did indeed work and my return was Accepted by the IRS.

Thank you!

I never seen any of the medical questions after I sent it in and paid and they rejected it because I accidentally must of said I got the market care. I can’t send it in and get it approved to file without changing it

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If your return was rejected you are able to remove the form ad resubmit the return. 

To remove a form please follow the instructions here. @EddiexBacon

yeah I just did the workaround steps as recommended and it finally worked after 3 rejections! Thank you so much!!!

bpan
Level 2

Never had a 1095-A form why does the software keep choosing option 'Yes, I do have an 1095-A'? Pls help. Dont want my return to be rejected.

TomK100
Expert Alumni

Please see TurboTax Expert John%677's explanation below:

There are a couple of reasons why this can happen.  Please try these workarounds.  The first will clear the form.  From time to time it will come back.  Then use the second alternative.

1. On the menu bar on the left that shows.
    1. My Info
    2. Federal
    3. State
    4. Review
    5. File
  2. Select Tax Tools
  3. On the drop-down select Tools
  4. On the Pop-Up menu select Delete a Form
  5. This will give you all of the forms in your return
  6. Scroll down to the form you want to delete
  7. Select the Form
  8. Click on Delete.

Always use extreme caution when deleting your tax return.  

There could be unintended consequences.

The IRS is rejecting returns the return because they believe you or someone on your return had insurance through the marketplace. If you did have insurance through the marketplace in 2020, you may still just be on their list.

The workaround is to enter $1 for the 1095-A.  This will not affect anything on your return but having the form there may get the IRS to accept your return.  

To do this take the following steps: 

• Click Deductions and Credits
  • Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  • Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  • As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  
    • If you did NOT, click YES anyway.
  • Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  • Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  • Walk through to the end and submit your return. 

To read his original post, please click on this link.

bpan
Level 2

When I go to 'tax tools' to try to delete the form 1095A as you suggested, there is no 1095A form!! What do I do? It's so frustrating!

Also , if I do choose to do the workaround of clicking 'Yes, I received form 1095-A' (even when I never received one) and then entering $1 for Jan premium, what should 'Monthly advance payment premium tax credit entry be? 

I dont want to really choose the latter option as I have never had Marketplace insurance and hence no form 1095A! Pls help.

RaifH
Expert Alumni

In addition to looking for Form 1095-A in the delete a form, you can also delete Form 8962 if that is in there. 

I would only attach the form with a $1 premium if the IRS has rejected your return. If you are getting rejected with an error code of F8962-070 it is because the IRS believes that you or someone on your return received health insurance through the marketplace in 2021. This may be the case if anyone is listed as a covered individual on a marketplace insurance policy, even if the main individual is not on your tax return. 

If anyone in your family has an account on Healthcare.gov, they will want to check to verify there is no 1095-A for 2021. If no one in your family was covered by marketplace insurance at any point in 2021, you can use the instructions above to create a "dummy" 1095-A just to get past the IRS's filters. You may also opt to mail in your return rather than electronically file it. However, your return may still be met with some scrutiny by the IRS if their records indicate you should have a 1095-A even if you mail it in. 

Entering $1 for your January premium will not impact your return and it should get past the IRS automatically rejecting it for not having the marketplace forms attached to your return. However, if Form 1095-A was issued for yourself or a member of your family, filing without the real form will cause a delay and possibly an automatic change to your tax refund by the IRS.

@bpan

this worked, thanks

bpan
Level 2

Could someone please reply? When I go to tools to try to delete form 1095 A or even form 8962 (though I never entered any info on this as I never received these, nor have I ever had Marketplace insurance), there aren't any such forms? Yet TT keeps automatically choosing option 'yes, I received this form' for me!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies