Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

Hi so I went to the IRS website and I did all my information and it says something about a payment being on the 15th to the card number ending in blah blah blah so I got rid of my Intuit card because child support took all my money well I ordered a new card and the money is not on there are people who owe child support not getting a payment why would it say that my payment went to a certain Bank and then and not be on there @CatinaT1 

@KristaH wrote:

Not helpful. I did file in 2018 and have not yet filed for 2019.

That is all we got.  So....

CroweShaun
Returning Member

Am i eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

kchandler02
Returning Member

My 2018 was mailed in February of this year and 2019 was filed this April of 2020 

Irs states people using someone like Turbo or HR block may take awhile to receive the stimulus check is that correct 

@Stajea wrote:

Irs states people using someone like Turbo or HR block may take awhile to receive the stimulus check is that correct 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-statement-on-get-my-payment-application-status-not-available

April 15, 2020

The Get My Payment site is operating smoothly and effectively. As of mid-day today, more than 6.2 million taxpayers have successfully received their payment status and almost 1.1 million taxpayers have successfully provided banking information, ensuring a direct deposit will be quickly sent. IRS is actively monitoring site volume; if site volume gets too high, users are sent to an online “waiting room” for a brief wait until space becomes available, much like private sector online sites. Media reports saying the tool “crashed” are inaccurate.

In situations where payment status is not available, the app will respond with “Status Not Available”.  The IRS reminds users you may receive this message for one of the following reasons:

• If you are not eligible for a payment (see IRS.gov on who is eligible and who is not eligible)
  • If you are required to file a tax return and have not filed in tax year 2018 or 2019.
  • If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed.
  • If you are a SSA or RRB Form 1099 recipient, SSI or VA benefit recipient – the IRS is working with your agency to issue your payment; your information is not available in this app yet.

You can check the app again to see whether there has been an update to your information.  The IRS reminds taxpayers that Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there’s no need to check back more frequently.

The IRS continues to closely monitor the situation. In addition, more information will be shared on IRS.gov shortly on some common questions taxpayers are asking.

CARMF13

I have been getting the same exact message for the last couple of days.  My taxes are filed, they have our back acct info, and we do qualify to get it.  So I have been very frustrated seeing this message.  I hope someone can answer your question since a number of us have the same issue.

valerie09

I checked "can be claimed as dependent" on my 2019 tax form, but I was never claimed as dependent by either parent. Will I be eligible for the stimulus payment?

will i be getting a stimulus check

since I have now filed a tax return for the year 2018-2019, am I eligible for the stimulus package from the government.

@bameinhardt wrote:

since I have now filed a tax return for the year 2018-2019, am I eligible for the stimulus package from the government.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

People who filed a tax return for 2019 or 2018

No additional action is needed by taxpayers who:

• have already filed their tax returns this year for 2019. The IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount.
  • haven’t filed yet for 2019 but filed a 2018 federal tax return. For these taxpayers the IRS will use their information from 2018 tax filings to make the Economic Impact Payment calculations.

I have filed with turbo for the last few yrs and always just use their card I go to irs site to  find out where my stimulus check is and it says it doesn't have my banking info all though I didn't do a cash advance on my taxes so I then put my info in and it says it didn't match their system all though I filed in January and received my taxes in feb so not sure how to fix this since I payed the extra amount to have turbo tax take care of any irs or auditing issues which I work fast food so auditing should never be a problem anyways my question is why isn't the money loading onto the card? and why doesn't the irs have my info for banking when I did get a advance?

I know I am eligible, I only made just under 13k in 2019. I filed my taxes tonight. I have a different bank account number than last year,and  my new number is on the online tax form. Will I still receive a stimulus check if it was sent through once and kicked back to the IRS?

My son in law and I bank at the same place, he received his last Fri.

The IRS will have that information, you won't need to have your paperwork so you're good there. As long as you meet the requirements, you'll receive your check the way you got your tax return in 2018. As long as the information is all still the same you should be good to go.

Tclosoya

I'm I getting a stimulus check

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies