Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax is not recognizing that quickbooks is installed. they are on the same computer, both on the C drive. help please

When I selected File>Import>From Quickbooks, I get a message that says, "We see that you do not have QuickBooks installed." It is installed, and open. Both programs are saved on the C drive. I even clicked on the quickbooks.com link signed into my account that way. I have the Quickbooks Accountant version. The whole reason I bought the Business version of TurboTax was the easy import of business data. Please help me figure this out. Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Turbo tax is not recognizing that quickbooks is installed. they are on the same computer, both on the C drive. help please

Short answer.... QB Online (downloaded on the C: drive as an app) and TurboTax Business are NOT compatible. You cannot import your data from QB Online into TurboTax Business. Only QB Desktop is compatible.

hwcoxjr

This is a major oversight on Intuits part.  Not being able to import from QB Online into turbotax desktop is pitiful.  Shame on Intuit.

How to import from Quickbooks into Windows Business program,   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-quickbooks-data-into-turbo...

QuickBooks Online data must first be exported to QuickBooks Desktop before it can be imported into TurboTax Business. Refer to QuickBooks Online supportfor help (also see the export limitations).

that's dumb. WHY?

so i have to spend $300 on a redundant quickbooks product bc they don't allow importing of QBO data in to TurboTax business. What kinda joke is this? Seriously, is this gouging. WTF. This is very upsetting. 

Wait, we have to buy the software version to import to Turbo Tax? What kind of scam is this. I better get a refund for Turbo crap tax. This is shady Intuit

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@webhostpro

Please see this information found on the Quickbooks website answered by a Quickbooks employee, you can transfer by using their trial version: Quickbooks Transfer

Importing data from QBO to TurboTax can be done by converting the data to QuickBooks Desktop. You need to download a trial version of the program to start the export and import process using Internet Explorer.

If you need assistance performing the steps, please contact our Customer Care Team. They can perform a screen-sharing session to ensure this works on your end. 

Here's how to reach our phone agents: 

1. From the Help icon, click Contact us.
  2. Enter a short description of your concern.
  3. Hit Let’s talk.
  4. Select Start messaging or Get a callback.

Our support team is open from Monday-Friday 6 AM to 6 PM and Saturday 6 AM to 3 PM PST.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have called. I downloaded the software version, ran in export from online, ran an import to the software, ran another import to Turbo Tax and it only imported some details. The information was so incorrect I'll have to start over.

The whole thing is a nightmare. How can you advertise that Turbo Tax can import Quickbooks when it can't?

It's false advertisement. If they mentioned when I purchased Turbo Tax that you can't import from Quickbooks online I would NOT of purchased it.

Now I've wasted 5 hours and have nothing but mixed up software to show for it. I should at least get a refund from you guys, and should stop lying to trick people into buying your products.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

I understand your frustration. However, for this specific issue we are unable to provide assistance in this public forum. You can visit the Quickbooks Community here or contact Quickbooks Customer Support here for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes. I just paid for Quickbooks only to learn (after hours of trial and error) that they didn't include this basic feature--the only reason I signed up for QB in the first place.

Separately, I can't believe that a mod here is recommending MS Internet Explorer in the year 2021.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies