The 2019 TurboTax Business CD/Download software can import directly from the QuickBooks 2014-2020 Desktop software.
- To import QuickBooks into the TurboTax Home & Business CD/Download software, see this article instead.
- To import QuickBooks into TurboTax Online Self-Employed, see this article instead.
- QuickBooks should be installed on the same local drive as TurboTax (not networked) and needs to be registered.
- You'll need QuickBooks Administrator access.
- The QuickBooks company file (.qbw filename extension) must be in single-user mode and should have been opened at least once on the computer you're using to import (no need to leave it open during the import).
- QuickBooks Online data must first be exported to QuickBooks Desktop before it can be imported into TurboTax Business. Refer to QuickBooks Online support for help (also see the export limitations).
- QuickBooks for Mac data must be converted to Windows before it can be imported. Instructions
- Be sure to update your QuickBooks data before importing so that your books match your tax return.
- If you already imported, you can re-import updated QuickBooks info by selecting Replace whenever prompted.
Right after you begin a new return in TurboTax Business, we'll ask if you used QuickBooks in 2019. Answer Yes and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you've already gone past that screen, select Import From QuickBooks from the File menu in the upper-left corner of your program.
- How do I import QuickBooks into the TurboTax CD/Download for Windows?
- What types of returns does TurboTax Business handle?
- How do I send my QuickBooks Self-Employed tax information to TurboTax?
- "If the numbers don't match your amounts in QuickBooks..." on the TurboTax Business 'Import Complete' screen