Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
hakjae77

Share my file with Agent how does this work

AndreaC1

That allows you to get a token number to provide to the agent and once we get that token, we can access a copy of your return to view it. But the copy we get will not have any personal information on it, such as your SSN, address, names or any other personal data. That will be removed and we can only see number amounts entered. So you may be asked by an agent to "Share your file" if they are trying to assist you with an issue you have and need to look at the numbers on the return. 

andreas-jenny

how do I share file with agent using desktop version
Anna

Use the Online tab at the top of the TurboTax desktop screen. Wait until you're on the phone with an agent and give the six-digit code that will allow the agent to access the sanitized version of your return.
maryangel57

how do i get 6 digit code
AndreaC1

Robschmotz

chernunz

give a code to shear with agent
chernunz

When you are talking to an agent they will walk you thru this process. 

wlingar

SusanY1

Send file to agent will create a file that masks all of your personally identifiable information and generates a code, that when given to a TurboTax phone or chat agent can allow them to better assist in troubleshooting certain issues that come up when you are working on your tax return in TurboTax.  Many items can be resolved by a phone or chat agent quickly without use of this tool but for some of the more complex items this file can be very handy!

If you have an issue that you feel would benefit from the use of this feature, just click on "Help" or "Live Help" in the upper right of your TurboTax screen and follow the prompts to connect you to the best team for your issue. 

guycrum30

454550167

GabiU

@guycrum30 The community system thought this was a SSN. I placed the token number back in this thread, please explain the product mishap you're experiencing so our teams can do more research. 

JeanneLO

If you have an issue that you feel would benefit from the use of sharing your file with an agent, just click on "Help" or "Live Help" in the upper right of your TurboTax screen and follow the prompts to connect you to the best team for your issue. They will ask for the token number and walk you through the process to share your file.

Jameslyon0329

Need help