rec02884942

Return was rejected, so I refiled and it was accepted the 2nd time. Email from turbo says they cancelled my filing, but account shows accepted. Do I need to refile again?

I originally filed on 1/24 and got an email saying it was rejected on 1/27. I re-filed my return on 1/27, and it was accepted yesterday. Today, I got an email from TurboTax stating there was an issue with my return because my W-2 was imported wrong, and that they cancelled my e-file return. My issue is that I corrected the missing amount on turbo tax (which was my retirement plan amount in Box 12). So, do I have to re-file, or since it says it was accepted the second time, is everything okay?

lukevillela

I need to talk with agent to add information.

CatinaT1

To check on the status of your tax return, just log back into your Turbo Tax account. You will see the status of your tax return on the first page. 

If there is an issue with your return, follow the on screen directions to make any corrections that are needed.

If it shows a status of Rejected, this means that some things on your return don't match what the IRS has in their database. Here's how you can fix it.

Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information causing the rejection.

Additional instruction here.

Esgardo

• I need to speak to agent 
AlexanderS08

If the account shows that the e-File was accepted, you do not need to refile it.

Is it possible you filed two returns (one state and one federal) and one of them got accepted and one got rejected? And the email related to the rejected one?

If you didn't file two returns, please provide more details about the email you received from TurboTax.