turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Return was rejected, so I refiled and it was accepted the 2nd time. Email from turbo says they cancelled my filing, but account shows accepted. Do I need to refile again?

I originally filed on 1/24 and got an email saying it was rejected on 1/27. I re-filed my return on 1/27, and it was accepted yesterday. Today, I got an email from TurboTax stating there was an issue with my return because my W-2 was imported wrong, and that they cancelled my e-file return. My issue is that I corrected the missing amount on turbo tax (which was my retirement plan amount in Box 12). So, do I have to re-file, or since it says it was accepted the second time, is everything okay?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Return was rejected, so I refiled and it was accepted the 2nd time. Email from turbo says they cancelled my filing, but account shows accepted. Do I need to refile again?

I need to talk with agent to add information.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

To check on the status of your tax return, just log back into your Turbo Tax account. You will see the status of your tax return on the first page. 

If there is an issue with your return, follow the on screen directions to make any corrections that are needed.

If it shows a status of Rejected, this means that some things on your return don't match what the IRS has in their database. Here's how you can fix it.

Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button. Follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information causing the rejection.

Additional instruction here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Esgardo

• I need to speak to agent 
AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

If the account shows that the e-File was accepted, you do not need to refile it.

Is it possible you filed two returns (one state and one federal) and one of them got accepted and one got rejected? And the email related to the rejected one?

If you didn't file two returns, please provide more details about the email you received from TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
deno683
Returning Member

I need to refile because of new 199's

deno683
Returning Member

My 1099,s were just sent to me.

deno683
Returning Member

I need to refile because of the wrong 1099,s

@deno683 wrote:

I need to refile because of the wrong 1099,s

E-filing using TurboTax closed after October 17, 2022.  Unless the return was filed on or before 10/17 and rejected by the IRS the return could have e-filed on or before October 22, 2022.

A 2021 tax return using TurboTax can now only be printed and mailed.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing and mailing a tax return when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/printers-printing/print-mail-return-turb...

What 1099 forms ?    If they were 1099-NEC  AND  you have entered in all the income on the Sch C already you have nothing to amend. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies