turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

supantv1
Returning Member

Reset password

how do I reset my password

Reset password

@supantv1 wrote:

how do I reset my password

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to update your account - 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...

supantv1
Returning Member

Reset password

I need to change my contact information so I can reset my password 

Reset password

@supantv1 wrote:

I need to change my contact information so I can reset my password 

Are you unable to log into your Online account?   If you can't, here's a way to recover account access that will let you reset the password as part of the process.   It's also not uncommon for folks to discover that they might have more than account.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

NOTE:  If you no longer have the same phone number or email address, you can skip this first method and scroll down to the section I describe below "Try something else" (Method 2).   With either method be sure to take the steps to log out and clean the browser as my next NOTE below explains.

Method One:

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can still access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

Method Two:

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Reset password

@supantv1 

ADDENDUM:   Once you are back in your account be sure to update your contact info.   In the left menu column scroll way down to Intuit Account.

Porky

Reset password

TurboTax password 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Reset password

For assistance with resetting your TurboTax password, please see the below help article:

Forgot your TurboTax Online User ID or password?

If you have an additional question, please comment back with specific details so that we can better assist you.

@Porky 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Reset password

forgot password, want to make a new one

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Reset password

You can create a new password by following the steps in this TurboTax help article: What if I forgot my User ID or password?

@1712

Reset password

I HAVE TO RESET MY  PASSWORD

Reset password

HOW DO I RESET MYPASSWORD

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Reset password

For steps on how to reset your password, please click the link below. If you just need to change your password please click here.

What if I forgot my User ID or password?

Reset password

HOW DO I RESET MY PASSWORD

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Reset password

You can try the FAQ link provided below, which will show you how to change your User ID or Password:

How do I change my TurboTax login (user ID or password)?

Reset password

Store

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies