Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rejection error: IND-031-04 (AGI or PIN)

@Susanne123 wrote:

Ok I understand you are saying I cannot get AGI value over the phone or online. Let me ask differently then: How can I get 1040 over the phone or online so I will check on that electronic document the AGI on my own?

I'm unable to get verification sms to phone number registered on my name for online transcript purpose. This is impossible. No one could do that.

For a fee of $50 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Since you are having so much trouble finding your 2018 tax return and AGI why don't you just print and mail your tax return?  You don't need the AGI to mail it.   Is there a reason you can't mail it?  Like no printer?  

How to print and mail your return,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s. Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return. Don’t forget state.

Important! Mail Federal and State in separate envelopes and mail each year in separate envelopes.

using a flash drive you can print at a friend's place, the library or at Staples for only pennies a page. That's less than the postage for US Mail.

Susanne123
Returning Member

@DoninGA 

Can be this form sent (after filling it) via email or in even via fax AND return (2018) delivered to me electronicaly via email?

@VolvoGirl 
Because if I mail it then they will mail the AGI back to me but I said multiple times I need only online or over the phone delivery. This is because when they mail anything physically, they block the forwarding feature from one to another USA address and I cannot call USPS/UPS/Fedex to request forwarding to different address. I'm not saying employee wouldn't want to enable the forwarding but the problem is he or she wouldn't have a possibility to request mail forwarding because of blockage functionality on the source side (IRS). There is no way to get anything delivered by mail to address other than with the name associated address. I don't have any such documentation as W2, 1099,...

@Susanne123 If you are referring the Form 4506 request for a federal tax return, that can only be mailed to you by the IRS to the address you indicate on the form.  Be aware that it may take up to 75 days for the IRS to process this request.

Susanne123
Returning Member

So can anyone please help me with my original questions? Still waiting for appropriate reply matching what I'm asking...

Susanne  we are saying to forget about getting the AGI.  You do not need it.  You should just print and mail your 2019 return and YOU mail it TO the IRS.  You don't need to get anything from them.

Susanne123
Returning Member

@VolvoGirl    @DoninGA 

I found my credit report. How could I use it to calculate AGI 2018?

I don't have 2019 (or 2018) return.

@Susanne123 wrote:

I found my credit report. How could I use it to calculate AGI 2018?

I don't have 2019 (or 2018) return.

A credit report cannot be used for the Adjusted Gross Income on a US Federal Tax Return.

See this IRS website for the definition of an AGI - https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/definition-of-adjusted-gross-income

What do you mean you don't have 2019 return?  Aren't you trying to file it now?  Isn't that why you need the 2018 AGI to efile 2019?  You can print out the 2019 return from your Turbo Tax Account and MAIL IT TO THE IRS.  Then you don't need to find the AGI.

Here's How to mail a return from the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s. Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return. Don’t forget state.

Important! Mail Federal and State in separate envelopes and mail each year in separate envelopes.

Susanne123
Returning Member

@DoninGA 

You are telling me that credit report doesn't include AGI but are you saying it doesn't include the values of whatever that could be used to calculate the AGI?

@VolvoGirl 

I appreciate your time for your messages, really do and thank you for them but there is a massive amount of your misunderstanding here. I have no way to access the tax returns and don't have them. Never saw them. No way to get online transcript because they require verification incoming sms associated to my name. Yes, I would like to file on turbotax for 2019. Again, there is NO WAY FOR ME to mail it to IRS, regardless if mailing would require me AGI or not. In your latest reply you used the word "need" and I'm saying W2/1099 documentation either. Never had them in the past.

Sorry you are having so much trouble.  You are not understanding us either.   2019 is the year you are trying to file now.  You do not need to have the AGI for it.  You do not need the 2019 AGI or the 2018 AGI.  Did you fill out the 2019 1040 return?  Do you have a refund or tax due?    Do you have any income?  What kind?  Why don't you have a W2?  

Can you print a copy of the 1040 from Turbo Tax?

Have you tried calling support?

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Susanne123
Returning Member

@VolvoGirl 

You are saying I don't need AGI to do returns ONLINE and to get them accepted and deposited? The error message for refusing me is:

IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

I was doing the return on turbotax and it said I'm going to get money (direct deposit) so to answer your question: They owe me so I should get refund.

No W2 because I never received one or anything similar (Paystub, 1040 etc.). Zero tax documentation.  The first link you showed in your latest message contains the word "mail" which says something needs to be mailed. With all the respect, I commented this at least 10 times in total.

I only tried to call few random IRS numbers but there were excuses just to not give me AGI value.

Ok we are getting closer.  Right, you don't need to enter the AGI.  Instead of filing online you can print out your return and then mail it at the post office and still get the refund.  Do you have access to a printer?

Sometimes even if you enter the right AGI it will still reject.  

If you don't have a W2 from a job what income do you have?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies