turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jredmann

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

67 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience. a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)b. Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent" Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread. 

I tried all suggestions except for "Send Tax File to Agent", and the problem hasn't been fixed. My files are so simple. I did e-file last year but don't know why it rejects this year! Please help.

Thanks

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The formset error is a TurboTax issue that is being worked on.  There is a possible workaround to remove this error.  Delete the state tax return and then complete the state return again.  Many users have found this to be effective in removing this error.   

See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting a state tax return - How to delete the state return      @NgocHo

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Yobayer

I am having the same issues. No troubleshoot is working.

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

This message is the result of an IRS form that has not yet been approved by IRS for e-filing.

Check your message for the name of the form(s) not yet available for e-file.

Once IRS releases their forms to the website and to the tax companies, then the tax companies have to get approval from IRS before they can be used.

You can check it regularly to see if it has been approved and if you are ready to update your software and finish  up the return again for e-filing.

Then refer to this information for guidance based on your type of TurboTax software:

Select your situation below to locate your 2020 form or schedule.

Keep in mind:

• When you locate your form, there will be dates for both Print and (in most cases) E-file availability. If the E-file form is listed as unsupported, the form must be printed and you'll need to mail your return.
  • Forms missing from the table aren't supported in TurboTax.

Link for federal print and e-file forms approval

Link for state print and e-file forms approval

I am also getting this message but have already paid... can I still delete my State Income? Everything should be ready to file, don't know why I'm getting this message.

Edit: issue resolved thru TT customer help 

I am filing 3 states.  How do I know which state to delete and re-do?

Hi,

That is an error of Turbo Tax and they are fixing it. I called the service team, took about 45minutes holding the line and finally, Nathaniel picked up the phone and helped me to solve that error. Pls try to call Turbo Tax for your assistant.

Hi,

I found out the 1st pmt gone thru just Federal one, after deleted the State form, I went over again, deleted some forms linked to this year tax from last year but not applicable to this year tax, then error was fixed. I got a support from Tủrbo Tax service call in.

How to re-do state taxes when this error shows up at the last step? I have already paid for the tax filing?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with this issue. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@mavelmz88

nmontsd01

Did you have to upgrade your package to get the customer Support?

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@nmontsd01, if you are trying to contact customer support and are using the free edition, you may be prompted to upgrade. However, if you respond to this forum with the issue you are having, we will try our best to assist you.

Daniel M1

Called the help line 48 hours ago. Said their system would take 24-48 hours to update whatever forms needed updating and recommended I try to e-file again in 48 hours. Still wouldn't let me e-file.

Really disappointed that I'm not getting what I already paid for.

Manage cookies