Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Im a US Marine and my W-2 doesnt have a Employer ID in Box 15. I dont believe Ive ever had one.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ToddL

Im a US Marine and my W-2 doesnt have a Employer ID in Box 15. I dont believe Ive ever had one.

You probably haven't ever had an Employer ID on your DFAS Form W-2 (I haven't). This post explains what to do if there is no employers State ID on your Form W-2No employers State ID number on Form W-2, Box 15?

If this doesn't resolve the error, you may have to delete the Form W-2 using the Delete a Form tool and then re-enter it in the Form W-2 interview.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the W-2, log out of the program. When you log back in, you use the Delete a Form tool to see if the W-2 has been removed from the list of forms in your return.

If the delete and re-enter process does not allow you to correct the problem, you may have to try Using Clear & Start Over in TurboTax Online

I can not efile my tax forms. It wants box info. M W2 does not have box 10 info

@rodrasmussen wrote:

I can not efile my tax forms. It wants box info. M W2 does not have box 10 info

Delete the W-2 and re-enter manually.  This should clear the problem with box 10.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies