How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?
Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and click Take me to my return button.)
- In the left side bar, click Tax Tools> Tools.
- In the pop-up window Tool Center, select Delete a form.
- Click Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.
Tips and tricks
- Need to remove a business that transferred over from last year? Find out how to properly remove it.
- To delete a form that came in the mail (e.g., W-2, 1098, 1099, etc.) it's best to do it from that form's Summary screen. Simply search for the form number (for example, W-2) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results to get to the Summary screen.
- You can't delete Forms 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. That would be like yanking the foundation out from under a building.