TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
274 people found this useful

How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

The best way – sometimes the only way – to delete a W-2, 1098-, 1099-, or K-1 is to do it from the Summary screen for that particular form.

For example, if there's any W-2s in your return, simply searching for W-2 will take you to the W-2 Summary screen, where you can delete it.

How do I delete other tax forms or schedules?

It's OK to delete forms that you know don't apply to your return, or are duplicated or blank.

Otherwise, we don't recommend deleting forms or schedules because it can really mess up your return, especially when the form isn't final and you're itching to delete it just so you can e-file. In particular:

• Don't delete Schedule C if you need to remove business information that transferred over from your prior-year return. Instead, remove the business.
  • Don't delete Forms 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. TurboTax decides which one you need based on your entries. If you disagree, try starting over.

Here's how to delete forms in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return, if it's not already open.
  2. In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.
  4. Click Delete next to the form or schedule and follow the instructions to remove the form/schedule.

Related Information:

GEN12350