Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will 2020 Turbo Tax run in Windows 7

BETRAYAL! What is it to INTUIT what OS I'm using?

Absolutely NUTS! Windows 7 works just FINE - all my records including previous Turbo Tax installations are right here - and yet NOT for 2020? OUTRAGEOUS!

INTUIT knows how to run off loyal customers!

Is there a registry patch so that win7 will report as a different version?  I know when MS phased out XP there was a patch that made it look like a ban ATM, which used XP.  I had to purchase win10 and make a dual boot system just to run TT.  I will be looking for another product, hate win10.

you must be using the desktop version of 2010 Turbotax because the online versions work with W-7.

I strongly doubt there will be a patch at this late date. 

TERGUS
Returning Member

Beginning with all TurboTax 2020 versions, Microsoft Windows 7 is no longer supported.

Don't see this posted lately,  

Window System Requirements for the Desktop program,  you can still use the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

If you need to switch to the Online version you can transfer from the prior year.   Here's How to transfer into the Online version.  You need to have the prior year .taxyyyy file on your computer.  Expand the link if you used the CD/download last year........

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

Hrogerjr
Returning Member

how can I make turbo tax 2021 work windows 7

Only by upgrading your computer to Windows 8.1 or higher.  Or using a different computer

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-... 

TERGUS
Returning Member

TurboTax CD/Download software for 2020 tax returns, which you will file in 2021, will not work in Windows 7. 

Windows 7 and prior are no longer supported beginning with the 2020 versions of TurboTax software

You aren't telling me something that hasn't already been said.  I refuse to move from Win7, it is very stable.  I will move on to another tax program.  I've also had a support problem with lack of support with Quickbooks, there are better products out there.

Just another year of self proclaimed experts and compliance junkies.  I used 2020 desktop on Win7 and expect to use 2021 desktop on Win7.  The kernel for TurboTax has not changed only the checklist for installation.  I still believe that the whole story can be presented by following the money. 

Hey meagain1,   Good luck and let us know if it's still working.

What a crazy story this has been. Very frustrating.

Massachusetts

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW!!! IT IS UNREAL!!!! THIS WILL BE MY LAST YEAR WITH TURBO. SHOULD NOT TAKE ME 3 STRAIGHT DAYS TO DO MY TAXES

The problem seems to be the company itself.  Win7 is a great OS, runs fine, we are being forced to spend money on newer computers that are not needed.  Another problem I have with intuit, I use Quickbooks for my business invoices.  I have the original installation CD, had to rebuild my computer a while back, when reinstalling QB, I had to have it activated, again.  QB refused to because there was no more support for that version.  I ended up getting a pirated copy, although I paid for what I had.

I had to put win10 on a computer just to do turbotax, that's all it is used for, nothing else.  I have to pinch my nose when using intuit products.

Jim

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies