Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

melissaborba
Returning Member

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

token number 760297.

I am getting the "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." message.

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

My e-file failed like others. I deleted and re-entered state tax info per the FAQ. Now TurboTax is asking me to pay again??? Seriously?

Token number 760522.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax has worked hard with the IRS to be able to e-file this form.  Since this will require programming adjustments for both the IRS and TurboTax, it will be a few weeks before these changes are made.  If you wish to file this form, you have the following options:

1. Mail in your return now and not wait until the form is available to e-file.
  2. E-file your return without the form, and then file an amended return with the form attached to it (amended returns now also can be e-filed for greater convenience).
  3. Wait until the form is available in TurboTax and e-file your entire return at once.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on how to do this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi TerukoL,

What do you mean by "this form"? Which form are you referring to? Do you mean the final TaxReturn.pdf that one can download before e-filing?

For one thing not everyone downloads that form, so if one didn't do that before deleting the state, one doesn't have access to it anymore. Also it should be made very clear that **after one deletes a state one's payment with that state goes away**. So the highlighted answer directing people to try to delete and re-enter state is basically telling people to forgo the money people already paid TurboTax to try (and failed) to e-file. I cannot believe this is the suggested answer.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

TerukoL is referring to Forms 8915-E and 7202. TurboTax worked diligently with the IRS to get these two forms approved for e-filing. Due to this being a recent development, it will take a few weeks to get the forms programmed into the system and ready for e-filing. 

@melissaborba and @jianglai  We have received your token numbers - we will try to get back to you as quickly as possible. 

@MichelleLO have you all received my token number? I’ve provided it twice now with no acknowledgement 

OK I think I spoke too soon. As many in this thread have pointed out, the problem is that there's a bug in TurboTax where it will only charge you for **federal** even if you try to file both federal and state, which results in the e-file error in the end.

The proposed solution (delete and re-enter state) does fix the problem, because then TurboTax correctly prompts you to pay for state before you file. However this is never explained in the highlighted answer, resulting a lot of people like me getting confused as to why we have to pay again.

Can you please update the answer to let people know that they are expected to pay again after re-entering state because they were only charged federal? This would save a lot of people (including those at Intuit) tons of time.

melissaborba
Returning Member

Hey I was having the same problem, and what happened is that I paid for the federal deluxe tax return but not the state tax return. It’s $40 for each. So if you already paid the $40 something for federal it should 

now be charging you the $40+ tax for state 🙂 

melissaborba
Returning Member

@MichelleLO HI, I got it fixed. Basically you it’s charged me for the deluxe federal but never for the state. I went back re -did my state tax and now it charged me the $40 for state and it went through. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@melissaborba We are glad to hear that it worked out for you. 

cclukey81

Any updates to this? I tried filing this evening and I am getting the same message.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@cclukey81 Have you followed the instructions I provided above in this thread and no resolution? If so, what is your token number?

MM1289

Hello I posted on Thursday and have not heard anything. I have tried everything recommended and no luck. 

Hello, I have been trying to file since 2/15. I keep getting the same message over and over. I tried a different web browser, turned off pop-up blockers, cleared cookies, delete the whole tax return 3 times now and it still wont work. I have used turbo tax for the last 9 years! never had this many issues!

Token number is 759374

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability

Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Remove state and try again

If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.

c. Send us your tax file

Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  

Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.

Click Tools, and then

Click Share my file with Agent.

A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.

Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:

Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.

Select Send Tax File to Agent.

A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent

Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.

Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

MM1289

As I said two times I have tired everything. I have already paid $40 and it won't let me know clear and restart. You have stolen my money!!!!!! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies