turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can't I redeem the Quicken Starter offer in Turbotax 2020?

Turbotax 2020 has an offer of 1 year free subscription to Quicken Starter included as part of a p[urchase on Amazon.  But when you click on the Claim Offer button it always says "Oops, we had a hiccup.  We can't connect to Quicken right now.  Please try again later."  But it never works regardless of day or time attempted.  How can I redeem this offer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received word that the Quicken offer link should be working now.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

89 Replies

Was on the Amazon website and did not find any TurboTax 2020 with a Quicken Starter offer.

Do you have a link?

You would have to ask Amazon.    TurboTax and Quicken at two totally different companies.    If a retailer is making a special offer, contact the retailer.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

The offer is embedded in the Turbotax software start page. You click the "Claim this offer" button and the error message pops up saying try again later, but IT NEVER WORKS later.  When I research the problem, this method has been present within the Turbotax software for at least two years in its present format.

I have a new computer, the Turbotax software is loaded and functional, there's no code or mail-in stuff to do, and I'm no computer/network noob --- the button to collect the offer simply doesn't work.  I'm curious why Intuit doesn't remove it or try to fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the description:

@Anonymous wrote:

In the description:

Ok...I saw it at the very bottom of the product description.  That is an offer directly from Amazon.  TurboTax nor Intuit are involved in that offer.  Intuit sold Quicken several years ago.

You will need to contact Amazon if the Quicken link is not working.

• Exclusively at Amazon, receive a free 1 year subscription to Quicken Starter Edition ($35.99 value) with your purchase of TurboTax (applies to new Quicken subscribers only)

@Anonymous wrote:

In the description:

"Exclusively at Amazon..."   exactally.    Something that Amazon is offering.    Nobody here knows anything about Amazon and their "exclusive" offers - ask Amazon.

This is an issue with the product.

It says the following further down on the Amazon page:

To redeem your Quicken offer and get more information about Quicken, install your TurboTax software and click “Claim this offer” (applies to new Quicken subscribers only)

In the past this link worked a few years ago.

That is an *Amazon* offer, not TurboTax.   Only the Amazon download has that offer - talk to Amazon.

Right, and I can confirm with my recently downloaded Amazon version of TurboTax that the link does not work.

This is a joint marketing effort between the two companies that is delivered through the software of one of them. This seems like an appropriate venue to bring it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon customer support says ---

Vishesh | Customer Service

In this case, I request you to please contact the developers as this link is provided in that software and that is not controlled from our end and if there is a website related issue also they will be able to best assist you in both the case.

Me ---
Yes, but that why I contacted Intuit first, and they pointed me to Amazon. So can you hook me up with someone at Amazon's Marketing offer/promotion department responsible for this offer?
Or escalate this to their marketing team?
Before a class-action lawsuit gets launched?

@dandandandan wrote:

This is a joint marketing effort between the two companies that is delivered through the software of one of them. This seems like an appropriate venue to bring it up.

We are just other users like you and not TurboTax employees.  This is a discussion forum, not TurboTax support.   I have the 2020 TurboTax download and there is no such offer or link that I see at all.

You can try contacting TurboTax support, but they will probably tell you the same thing.

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

From TurboTax, link to the Quicken promo does not work.  Amazon says it is an Intuit problem, Intuit says it is a Quicken problem, so one big circle jerk and still no ability to claim the promo offer.

Amazon support refers me to Intuit.

Yea this is patently absurd. As of now my hope is that a product update will fix this, or otherwise I am going to request a refund from Intuit since the promotion was the only reason I bought it on Amazon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies