turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is my 2nd stimulas?? IRS says payment must be sent by January 15th, but TurboTax says by end of January??

I got an email saying since I paid for turbotax last year, I will be getting my 2nd stimulas that I have not got by January 31st. However, the IRS said stimulas payments MUST be sent out by January 15th, and if they are not, you dont get it sent by them. So which is it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Where is my 2nd stimulas?? IRS says payment must be sent by January 15th, but TurboTax says by end of January??

If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund when you filed your tax return, then the IRS may have sent your stimulus check to the bank that processed your refund, which is different from your bank. If this happened, then TurboTax will have notified the IRS of your correct account information.

Stimulus payments began to be deposited Friday, January 8th, for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.

If you do not receive it by the time you prepare your tax return this year, you can apply for the payment on your tax return and it will be included with your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It all depends on where your money went, and who has it.

In other words, it's a mess.

Note: Feb 12 is the first day IRS will start looking at tax returns.

dfh1712

I understand I can claim the 2nd stimulus on my 1040, but on what form and Line is that done?

@dfh1712 wrote:

I understand I can claim the 2nd stimulus on my 1040, but on what form and Line is that done?

The stimulus questions are asked in the Federal Review section of the TurboTax program.  Any payment you were eligible to receive based on the 2020 Federal tax return but did not receive will be entered on the Federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30 as a tax credit.  The credit is included in the federal tax refund or it will reduce the amount of federal taxes owed.

Kb62
Returning Member

Irs said my stimulas was deposited onto my ladst years prepaid turbo card witch i do not have anymore but i was able to still pull the balance of that card up online it still has a zero balance i also only got 1 email fromnturbo tax on dec 30th saying that a deposit was coming my way on the 4th i do not have access to the actual card anymore although when i was able to pull my card online for that acxount it has a zero balance i habe gotten no other emails and the irs portal still showa the same that it was sent ro tbat card wheres my money will i need to get a new turbo card if its on there witch it shows not to be ive tried to order a new card with the number and it tells me there unable to find my card with the information im giveing or will i get a check ??? 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible. Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.  If your second stimulus payment was delivered to a card that you no longer have, you may be able to get a replacement card.  See this TurboTax Help

If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return to get your money.

In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.

You can access your stimulus check choices by following these steps: 

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up.  Click on Let’s keep going.
  • At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  • At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries.

TurboTax will compare your two payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that has been entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.

See also this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies